• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

DAL/FTW: Venus to Maypearl the long way

Whenever you're ridin with Mac.....& he tells ya.... Theres this lil spot where the road gets kinda iffy...but its not that bad...

!jus remember....he has raced Baja ...& that one lil spot....well....

* & people say I can get pretty loopy with my routing... I cant hold a candle!

Last edited:
The bikes parked in Maypearl while we had lunch.
9a85b60ee6ac394f498a754b1d261cb9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One of these things is not like the other.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Whenever you're ridin with Mac.....& he tells ya.... Theres this lil spot where the road gets kinda iffy...but its not that bad...

Lol, yep. I've learned that lesson the hard way in the last few months :rofl:

Last edited by a moderator:
Same goes for the rest of you guys!

Nice meeting and riding with you too. Same goes for Phil.

As always good to see and ride with Steve, Rod, Dave, Andrew and Nate as well. Good bunch of guys, would be happy to ride with y'all any time.

Yeah, it was the talk of the ride. Everyone digs that bike. Andrew makes it look like a bunch of fun.

I have a hard enough time with BMW's, I'm not sure I'll ever dip into the Italian bikes. But they sure are nice. It's good to see them taking notice of the adv/offroad segment. The more the merrier.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

There arent very many ways ta get from Maypearl to Waco without being in the great wide open spaces..at least half the time....
When its windy...especially a stiff south 700mph wind... It gives you a whole new perspective of view....mostly at a 70° angle

But for a big portion of our meander on the county roads....the wind wasnt much of a hindrance. Sometimes I prefer being a faithful follower

Sent from my LGL62VL using Tapatalk

Sometimes I prefer being a faithful follower
Sent from my LGL62VL using Tapatalk

Of brother John Burgess?

Rod and Phil, I missed riding with you later. At Jarrett's place I was waving my arm to get his attention not waving good-bye to you two. I just needed to use his facilities for a moment before continuing on.

Yeah, it was the talk of the ride. Everyone digs that bike. Andrew makes it look like a bunch of fun.

Andrew's Ducati Scrambler is sweet; I love riding with him. He got us where we needed to go on my last ride. My paper maps and me leading, got us kinda lost.

Special thanks to fellow Tenere rider and Ride Leader @MadDaddy for my introductory ride gift. :flip:

31852670388_7e9957ca51.jpg

30783940447_f95c1e61d9.jpg

Last edited:
Those roads were as muddy as I've ever seen them this weekend. The rain has really done a number on them.

Glad no one went down.

I mean, it would have made for a great picture in this thread to have someone covered in mud standing next to a flat ADV bike, but still glad no one went down :)

Last edited by a moderator:

!jus remember....he has raced Baja ...& that one lil spot....well....

* & people say I can get pretty loopy with my routing... I cant hold a candle!

Guessing there was just a little mud, lol.

Back