• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Very clever navigation system - stock on a $4500 bike

Jeff S

Forum Supporter
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Royal Enfield just did something pretty darn clever. They added a simple turn-by-turn nav system as stock equipment to what I think is their cheapest bike in the US.

This seems quite similar to Beeline, but with in color. Good on them for innovating! That little gizmo looks actually pretty darn useful...

That's a nice simple system with what looks like an intuitive smartphone interface.
Good thing to offer especially since so many adults these days are reliant on turn-by-turn from their smartphone and can't read a map.

Good thing to offer especially since so many adults these days are reliant on turn-by-turn from their smartphone and can't read a map.

Oh come on, you don't HAVE to take a dig every time. Can YOU read a map while you are actually rolling down the road and riding a motorcycle?

Something like this can really improve your riding experience because instead of having to look for road signs and potentially stop, look again at the map, get your bearings, backtrack, etc. like all of us old folks used to do when using regular maps, you can instead just ride and take in the scenery and pay attention to the road and just turn when the doohickey tells you to.

I think it's a great idea. But turn-by-turn audio directions work well enough for me with a BT headset under my helmet, but I still wouldn't mind a Beeline.

Seems to be a very simple interface, which can be a good thing.

Something like this shows it can be done for cheap, and give some basic travel info for pretty much any size bike.

I wonder if the display can be used for anything else. Would be nice to have the option to have temp, volts, or whatever be an option to display if you are not using the GPS function.

My wife's SUV has a similar type secondary display for navigation on the dash, just a simple arrow with distance till turn

Last edited:
Back