• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Very low cost Bluetooth communicator

I`m sure he`ll say it won`t pair up with my sena 20 when we`re riding together :doh: :lol2:

I`m sure he`ll say it won`t pair up with my sena 20 when we`re riding together :doh: :lol2:

I can't do that as I don't tell lies. I'll just conveniently forget to recharge the battery before we ride. Lol

_

I hope it sucks because I already dropped $$$s on the SMH10 and don't want to feel bad about it. ;-)

I bought three of these for my wife, son and I. While they may not have all of the "bells and whistles" of the much more expensive units out there we find they more than meet our needs. Bike to bike talk range is not very long so that is one shortcoming. FM radio works well as does Bluetooth connect to phone. At first I thought it did not have enough volume but since I repositioned the speakers it is more than loud enough (I ride with ear plugs in). Charge lasts more than 6 hours (longest continuous run so far). Fairly easy to use but I do better manipulating the buttons without gloves.

I have bought a few items from Gearbest. They are reliable, but shipping will take a while. :-(

I bought three of these for my wife, son and I. While they may not have all of the "bells and whistles" of the much more expensive units out there we find they more than meet our needs. Bike to bike talk range is not very long so that is one shortcoming. FM radio works well as does Bluetooth connect to phone. At first I thought it did not have enough volume but since I repositioned the speakers it is more than loud enough (I ride with ear plugs in). Charge lasts more than 6 hours (longest continuous run so far). Fairly easy to use but I do better manipulating the buttons without gloves.

Thanks for posting. If your findings above are true for me then that's all that I'll ever need. $27 well spent.

_

A little more info. We have been using these for around 4 months and so far so good. My son rides and uses his the most and no problems yet. I like the Bluetooth connect to my phone music files. I do not know if this unit will pair with another brand as we have never tried that. Another note is we have not used or owned any other brand/make to compare these to.

Sounds promising. I purchased a pair yesterday. The main goal is to be able to talk to the wife or kids when riding two up.

I'll post up a review when I get them in hand and test them. I will take one for the team and try to pair mine with JMZ's Sena 20s. I can always just ride out of range if need be.:rofl:

.. I will take one for the team and try to pair mine with JMZ's Sena 20s. I can always just ride out of range if need be.:rofl:

Good idea, I'll remember that and can charge up my battery now when we ride. Lol

Hmm, enticing... But a few questions... Do these use a standard micro USB cable for charging? What is the 3.5mm audio jack for? (assuming this is wired audio IN)...

Is the headset using the USB port or something else?

Can these be charged while in use? (If the headset is a usb plug and thats the charging port, im sure this is NO)...

Not a standard micro USB, comes with its own charging cable that is usb on one end and the other end usb mini b 8 pin flat. Speakers and mic plug in to the same port (USB mini) that is used to charge the unit so it cannot be used when being charged. 3.5 jack is an aux port to direct connect a music source such as an ipod or phone.

Last edited:
Dont know about those but the sena 20`s easily last all day for me. Maybe those will also .

New record battery life test. Did a 10 hour ride listening to fm radio and music on my phone the whole time. No intercomm use as I was riding alone.

Received mine today, two weeks and two day shipping not terrible.

First thoughts:
solid unit, good quality.
paired easily with my cell phone. A couple pops and cracks when selecting function but once in use go completely away. Sound quality is good, volume adjusts on unit, was told voice quality good as well. Navigated a bank voice prompt phone menu without issue. Redial button works.

Music streaming simple and no frills. You can change tracks via the units buttons but sound volume only controlled from phone. Sound is good but extreme lack of bass compared to my custom molded ear buds. Normal listening level are fine though.

FM radio has great clear reception even inside the house. No volume control whatsoever though. Default level is just about right for me so no big complaint. If you like low volume elevator background music you might not be happy.

Will update again once I place some phone calls while riding, check battery life and test the pairing with other units and intercom.

_

Some reference photos below.

Found out this morning that Google voice comnands work flawlessly. Place a phone call by contact name in my address book, start navigation to a contact with saved address or any spoken address. Open text message app, compose, address and send with verbal comnands only. Also can open PTT messenging app and compose/listen but need to use phone screen to start/stop messages with a single touch.

20170309_103948_zpsyq2epwds.jpg

20170309_103926_zpsxfshcpjc.jpg

20170309_104002_zpsgeckrprq.jpg

_

I want to know how it works at speeds in the 60-80pmh range in terms of how well you can hear it and how well the voice control work, especially if you wear ear plugs while using it (like the cheap foam 30 db ear plug you buy in the mega packs).

I could hear bullet very clear today. It was just like he was inside talking on his cell phone. He was washing dishes with his helmet on. [emoji13] [emoji13] [emoji13] [emoji13] [emoji13] [emoji13]

Signatures? We don't need no stinking signatures!

I want to know how it works at speeds in the 60-80pmh range in terms of how well you can hear it and how well the voice control work, especially if you wear ear plugs while using it (like the cheap foam 30 db ear plug you buy in the mega packs).

My road trip got postponed so will be a week or more before I get to test out real world conditions and intercom. Probably Gary will have received his before then and have a ride review posted.

_

I have not used mine as an intercom yet, but I paired it with my phone and have used it on my gold wing up to 110mph and was able to hear the music just fine. I did have to space the speakers out to get them closer to my ears otherwise it wasn't loud enough with the foam earplugs. I alway use ear plugs when I ride and as stated at 110mph with ear plugs I could hear the music fine once I spaced them out (small foam spacers velcroed between the speakers and the inside of the helmet. The only thing I don't like, is when you turn the units off, you push and hold the power switch for 3 seconds and the unit beeps, if you let go of the power button after the first beep, it erases all pairings, you MUST keep pushing the power button until a second double beep sounds and then the units turn off without losing the pairing. It's a small thing but I have managed to erase the pairing 3 or 4 times in the first week. They seem to work well on short rides up to 60mph with ear plugs, but I haven't been any faster when riding with my wife on her motorbike (dirt bike) but we hope to go on a couple of road rides in the next few weeks and will see how well they work above 60mph.

Back