• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

VFR nerd from Austin

N+1

Reaction score
Just getting into offroad after riding roads for a decade or so, hoping to lurk and find some good soft roading reports(looking at you jacob's river road). I've been on advrider site a ton for tech support as they've got a great thread of owners of the little 89 NX250 i bought that i probably shouldn't have, been an ordeal getting it done and safe. I've got a ton of bikes right now, need to finish up the 86 vfr400 and enjoy a bit and sell it, finish the 86 vfr700 so i can enjoy it again, and a few little fixes on the 06 vfr800 so it's 100% but it's still great as is. Eventually i'd like to replace the 800 and the 250 with one all around ADV bike so i'm down to just that and the family heirloom 700, but we'll see how that goes... Anyway if you see anyone in a bright yellow aerostich on a VFR or that weird little NX250/ax-1 mish mash, gimme a wave.

eumFI1J.jpg

kMG22U4.jpg

Welcome from Krum, love your collection.

Welcome from Krum, love your collection.
A neighbor in the new hood said hey nice collection one night when I was wrenching with the doors open, that's when i knew i had too many bikes. I like to think i've got just the right amount at all times, but it has gotten out of hand with all the projects at once :D

A neighbor in the new hood said hey nice collection one night when I was wrenching with the doors open, that's when i knew i had too many bikes. I like to think i've got just the right amount at all times, but it has gotten out of hand with all the projects at once :D
Haha, I have three and I don't dare bring another project home till I build a shop. I'm pushing the limits with the wife but one is hers so that kinda helps.

Welcome to the site!

Definitely gotta love those V4 motors! I had a 98 and 01 VFR 800 and logged almost 200K miles between them in about four years. Fantastic bikes, but eventually I got tired of being limited to pavement and moved on dual sport/adventure style bikes. They are a blast, but they don't give you goose bumps quite like the sound of a V4 under hard acceleration!

Back