• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Video I found of an old ride we used to do

kubotamiketx

Forum Supporter
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Morisoli
A long time ago there was an annual invitational ride called the Malcolm Smith Soboba Grand Prix or something like that. Rode it many time with my buddies, Malcolm was always there with his big smile having a blast. There was a morning loop and then if you were up for it a second loop with some extras after lunch.

Bumped into this video of the a recent run thought I would share.

This is on the Soboba Indian reservation so you had to arrive in the morning, ride and leave. Anything left after dark was up for grabs.

A long time ago there was an annual invitational ride called the Malcolm Smith Soboba Grand Prix or something like that. Rode it many time with my buddies, Malcolm was always there with his big smile having a blast. There was a morning loop and then if you were up for it a second loop with some extras after lunch.

This is on the Soboba Indian reservation so you had to arrive in the morning, ride and leave. Anything left after dark was up for grabs.
Nuts

Good video. So were the next 15 videos that I watched on his channel. I got too much time on my hands.

A bud and I did this ride on one of our Colorado excursion. I unashamedly admit to being a Flatlander. I did NOT enjoy this part of our ride. But I did it.

A bud and I did this ride on one of our Colorado excursion. I unashamedly admit to being a Flatlander. I did NOT enjoy this part of our ride. But I did it.
These videos make me nervous just watching

Now that's ridin motorcycles right there! Little down hill at 24 had some crease going on in the ole office chair. Thanks!

I rode these a couple years ago. Quite unlike anything else I've seen. Just amazing the traction you get on that dirt. Yeah, the first hour or so was a pucker situation fo sho.

You're not much of a "flatlander" if you did that. I would have went home! Wow. Bravo to you.

I did the ridge ONE time and I had a death grip on the grips. I was squeezing the tank so much that when I got off the bike I was physically drained and sat down for a while. You can NOT be timid with the throttle to make it up without stalling.

Good ride looks fun. Would definitely have to be on a FI 4 stroke. There aren't many trails I've seen I would at least try but this is one that I would NOT try. Sucks getting old.

Not for this ole gringo. :eek:

I crossed that river three years ago on the 1190. It was deeper than I thought...hard to tell with clear water. A guy on a small BMW was on the other side of the stream with his bike laying halfway in the creek. All his bags and gear were scattered around in the sand. He was proped against a big rock and looked pretty spent. I made the mistake of not turning off traction control and dang near lost the motorcycle out in the middle when the wheel started spinning and tc throttled back the engine at the worst possible time. Current was just fast enough to try pushing me over when I lost momentum... loaded bike. One of those many times I've decided this was going to end badly and was really just looking for the least bad option. I had water in my lap and don't know how the engine didn't drown. Just after mid stream the rear tire grabbed some sand and I feathered the clutch enough to get tc to behave. Pure luck and I was grateful for it. Turns out the BMW rider had been there for hours. He wasn't so lucky and had dragged his bike and gear out of the river but had gone as far as he could. He was physically done. It's hard to describe just how remote this area is. It was the better part of a days ride in any direction to anything more than a forestry service facility. Carrying food and minimal camping gear isn't for recreational purposes there. I stayed with the guy for about an hour getting Pedialyte and water into him. We finally dragged his bike up and it cranked eventually. He said he'd set off his spot a few hours earlier and he'd wait right there until the cavalry showed up. I wished him well and saddled up. Several miles up the river I came up on a county sheriff's car. We stopped. He was the cavalry. I told him my story and where to find the BMW rider. He got on his radio and called off the sar. I needed to make it to the next stop for the night and daylight was on the short side. Not making it meant an unplanned camping opportunity I'd just as soon skip. I rolled on.

Good ride looks fun. Would definitely have to be on a FI 4 stroke. There aren't many trails I've seen I would at least try but this is one that I would NOT try. Sucks getting old.

Thanks that looks like a good one I'm going to put that on my big screen and watch it. There was a short-lived reality show on Discovery Channel just not too long ago about ranchers and jet boat services in that country. Mighty rugged country

RG, thanks for sharing your story. Unfortunately many of us seem to do a lot of "adventure" riding all by ourselves. I don't like doing it, but due to live and schedules I find myself in wonderful places without any buddies to share with. How many times have we all felt like we have bitten off more than we can chew. The spot and inReach devices allow us to be even stupider that we already were LOL.

I would love to do the narrow ridge stuff on the Husky someday, gives me something to look forward to once the world starts to return to "normal"

Just watched the Idaho cliff video on my 30" monitor. Oh my, must say I was puckering up just watching it. Noticed the rider became very quiet in the nastiest sections. Going to put this on the TV tonight, see what my wife thinks of it. If I am honest with myself, I don't think I have what it takes anymore to try that one :(

Back