• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Viethorse visits from Vietnam and rides Texas!

Reaction score
[This thread has been stripped from the introductory post of Viethorse. He lives in Vietnam and came to the U.S. for the first time in October of this year. He had some time off and wanted to see Texas before heading East to see the Smoky Mountains. He found his way to TWT, introduced himself and asked for advice. That lead to him getting a bike in Houston, meeting up with me and CDC, then getting a whirlwind tour of a SMALL part of Texas. What follows is his report. The first day, Friday, he rode with me and CDC up toward Centerville and then we worked our way back West toward Austin in a VERY roundabout way. Woodbutcher and his wife hosted us for the weekend. Saturday we rode with Woodbutcher, Kurt, and Red Brown (CDC did not ride Sat). Sunday, Viethorse and I made a more direct route for home because a cold front had come through and it was... well... COLD! - Tourmeister]

About to shower now.
What a day with awesome twisty roads, greart buddies....
Lots of photos... however SD card unintentionally formated..... :-(

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: I will be riding in Texas soon - Need your advices :)

It has been a really fun day riding with Rusty, Scott Tourmeister and of course our visitor from Vietnam, Trung, riding a 600 cc Kawasaki sport bike. Dinner at Rudy's BBQ on 183 was enjoyable as was seeing some of the other Austin riders including Mike or O_Matic and ZigZag. I am sure the pictures will follow with other ride comments. About 500 miles for me once I rolled into the garage.

Kurt, I hope your back feels better.

RB

About to shower now.
What a day with awesome twisty roads, greart buddies....
Lots of photos... however SD card unintentionally formated..... :-(

What?
You lost all the photos? :eek2:

440 miles. Trung on a sport bike. The rest on GS's of various flavors. Several sore people. Two of them cold...I remembered my warm liner and my heated grips worked. :rofl: pictures now here, but I didn't take a lot

heading out
IMG4717-L.jpg

taking a break
IMG4718-L.jpg

Excitement on 337...well, turns out not a wreck. House fire and they needed the road to land the lifeflight. Which meant we were in a parade the rest of the way into Camp Wood :headbang:
IMG4719-L.jpg

Blurry action shot on 39 heading into Hunt.
IMG4721-L.jpg

From this morning, Tourmeister and Viethorse heading back to Huntsville/Houston. They didn't plan on cold so TM has my spare jacket liner and Viethorse has a pair of my extra winter gloves. Viethorse is wearing all the shirts he had with him. Two long sleeve ones and two short sleeve ones. I think there will be a lot of stops on the way to warm up.

IMG4722-L.jpg

IMG4723-L.jpg

Last edited:

Looks like fun....

Chilly. But fun. :clap:

mi finmkers r num... am mi nobe id runne...

Warm up, glad you all made it back safe and sound!

Hallo...
Safely arrived Hotel at 14:15 after a great ride with TWT buddies.
Three days riding with total 1427miles, temperature from 100ish to 50ish....
Thank you very much for being with me on the trip, on the thread and... well, everyone... Really appreciate Rusty family for two nights I stayed there and special thank to Scott, the one who arrange this trip for me.
Now I gotta heading to Woodlands. Will post photos from there.

I passed you two on 21 headed into Caldwell this afternoon. I honked at Scott and lifted my visor.

Was you riding a HD? Texas is too small, I guess. :rider:

I enjoyed riding with you yesterday. Hopefully you have some TWTEX sticker for your VFR in Vietnam. :)

Have fun at Deal's Gap!

Be Safe,

RB

I passed you two on 21 headed into Caldwell this afternoon. I honked at Scott and lifted my visor.

I recognized you when you honked. We turned off there at the McD's to head over to FM 166. It is a fun ride over to Hwy 60. We gassed up in town and then Trung headed on down Hwy 6 and I scooted on down 30 back to Huntsville.

I think I also saw Tim "Abby" out on FM 337 Saturday afternoon. He was heading East and we were heading West (if it was him).

Trung, glad you had a good time. I really enjoyed the riding, despite the cold. I hope your trip to North Carolina goes really well and perhaps has a bit warmer weather ;-) I look forward to your pictures and descriptions.

lol. I rode all day, too ...and waded the "4 inches above my knee" deep Colorado River. I am not a smart man. But heated grips are nice. Waterlogged waterproof boots? Not so much.

So glad our guest had fun .

Photos are about to come... Should I post down here this thread or open another one, please advise. Thanks.

Well... Just make them here, any MOD please move to the more appropriate place if necessary.

-------------------------

Wave to the Home Country, get in the plane and ready for the long way trip:

DSC01618.jpg

There was a transit moment:
DSC01612.jpg

Finally, arrived Texas with so much hoping for a ride...
All gear prepared:
DSC01739.jpg

However, got this view one day driving near Houston, prayed hard for the weekend!!

DSC01730.jpg

I got the bike on Thursday. Nothing could be better as it is. Everything just fit me well.
DSC01759-1.jpg

Friday, weather seemed fine.

DSC01977.jpg

Arrived the meeting point with CDC in early morning, around 06:30AM.
DSC01982.jpg

(to be continued...)

:clap:

After having a quick breakfast at McDonal, we headed to Montgomery, meeting place with Scott.
The traffic was good. We find no difficulties along the way. People seemed still happy with their weekend sleep.
Arriving the Valero station:

DSC01984.jpg

At this station, I found that my Vietnam Credit card did not work. I don't know why I could buy gas in Downtown Houston on the day before??!! Whatever, I have some cash as Scott advised before.

Waiting for the Tour-master:
DSC01987.jpg

Look who showed up:
DSC01992.jpg

We saw an oversize load moving around the cross, seemed like a wind mill part:
DSC01999.jpg

Scott has this pic:
DSC02003.jpg

All checked, informed the routes, discussed some safety notices... and we are ready:
DSC02005.jpg

DSC02006.jpg

Yes, I was here:
DSC01989.jpg

and of course, TWT:
DSC01988.jpg

Beautiful country roads are still ahead..

(to be continued...)

Excellent. I'm glad you had a good time and enjoyed some Texas hospitality.

:tab:tab:tab:tab:tab
bigpopcorn.gif

Last edited:

Trung,

Here are some pictures the professional cameraman took near 336. If you want high resolution images, you can visit his web site at: http://txmotofoto.com/ and click on Galleries. I did a quick screen grab of us on Saturday.

If anyone else was in the area this weekend, you could probably find your picture at txmotofoto as well.

RB

Attachments

• trung1.JPG
    trung1.JPG
    46.4 KB · Views: 220
  • rb3.JPG
    rb3.JPG
    46.7 KB · Views: 207
  • scotty-tourmeister.JPG
    scotty-tourmeister.JPG
    45.2 KB · Views: 215
  • woodbutcher-rusty1.JPG
    woodbutcher-rusty1.JPG
    47.4 KB · Views: 207

Trung,

Here are some pictures the professional cameraman took near 336. If you want high resolution images, you can visit his web site at: http://txmotofoto.com/ and click on Galleries. I did a quick screen grab of us on Saturday.

If anyone else was in the area this weekend, you could probably find your picture at txmotofoto as well.

RB

I did not think he got turned fast enough to have gotten any front/side shots of me. I guess he's quicker than I thought!

Also, notice my headlight is still working. When we went to leave Rudy's later than evening, my low beam was no longer working :doh: Fortunately, all the roads between there and Rusty's house were well lit.

Back