• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Viking Bags lock

Reaction score
Recently bought a brand new set of hard Viking saddlebags.
Unfortunately I had to drill through one of its locks.
Even more unfortunate Viking states they do not have or resell their own individual proprietary replacement locks.
A search of the Internet has not provided me with any spare parts or any like alternative lock options.
Viking bags said they have nothing available for me and locksmith are unable to find a suitable replacement.
Has anybody else experienced such a problem?
All I need is a lock so I have the ability to lock my hard saddlebags again.

I have not had that exact problem with viking bags, but i have had issues with that company, with no results and a "don't care" attitude from them.

hopefully you can figure something out to resolve the issue on your own, as for my problem after about 6 months I was tired of looking at them in the garage and put them in the trash can on trash day

Viking bags can suck it.

Viking Bags can suck it indeed!

I had a Viking Bag fall off my motorcycle during a trip. The mounting bolts sheared off at 70 mph and about left me stranded.

I called their support, and was told the warranty only covers defects with the bags themselves, not their mounting hardware. I escalated it to a manager, and was told they could give me 10% off of a replacement bag.

I'll never do business with them again.

Good to know guys, thx for the heads up! Its awesome when we look out for each other as consumers. Companies swear they want our business, but when they get us they treat us like crap! Can't seem to understand that the best customer is a repeat customer!

Hi all

Sorry for the long delay in posting a “conclusion” to this is issue.

Unfortunately after many weeks of trying to find a resolution through Viking it all has come to not.
Fortunately though, I have learned much and achieved a fully functional resolution, even though mighty fuggly.

What I learned from Viking:

They only do total bag replacement “if” item is under warranty
They do not have or sell replacement parts.
They do not “know” the foreign manufacturer’s company name who makes the bags for them
They do not “know” the foreign manufacturer’s company name who makes the associated parts for the bag either

Luckily I can still use the bags. It just bites that after spending $500.00 for them I was really left out in the cold.

P.S. The yellow ziptie is used to thread the link through the hole in the bag’s lid.
The bag also seems to have stayed somewhat rain resistant.

Thank you so much for finding the locks.
The other bag now has the same setup.
Unfortunately no markings, brand, serial number or other identifying nomenclature was found on the surviving lock.
On the plus side that bag’s lock was carefully disassembled and boxed for later use.
I’ll certainly check/measure it and see if these are suitable replacements.
Thanks again

You want the locks that are currently on my Viking bags? Both locks are intact and I have both keys for them.

Hi all.
Sorry for the delay in doing/posting an update.
Life happened fast and heavy but, today I finally had time.
Thanks to Rudy I now once again have a pair of
fully functioning Viking Bags.
Thanks again Rudy.
I really love the results.

Attachments

• DC46C83D-D9C2-422F-812E-B1743B65AA6A.jpeg
    DC46C83D-D9C2-422F-812E-B1743B65AA6A.jpeg
    294.2 KB · Views: 275
  • 290808A2-B045-4E77-9561-C1DF1D16F59D.jpeg
    290808A2-B045-4E77-9561-C1DF1D16F59D.jpeg
    359.7 KB · Views: 520
Back