• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Vintage Stereo - Sold & Picked Up

RJ2

Reaction score
Don't know if this is the best venue to sell these items but Craigslist is full of scammers.

AR 25 Speakers
Technics SA-303 Receiver
Sony WR 445 Cassette Deck
Technics SL-D2 Direct Drive Turntable

In original boxes except turntable. All good working condition as far as I know. The volume dial on the receiver is getting worn out at the low end causing speakers to 'pop' when turned.

Purchased new in early 1980's - unused for a number of years.

$200 / offer for all.

I am interested but being on the other side of the metroplex, won't be able to check it out for awhile.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

I'd love to have the speakers. With the power off, turn the volume knob briskly back and forth several times. There's likely dust in there, and if you can pop the top and spray a little tuner cleaner (if you can even find it anymore) it helps the problem. I've replaced those "pots" before. Not a big job.

Prefer to sell the whole kit & caboodle together. The woofers in the speakers have been replaced.

Prefer to sell the whole kit & caboodle together. The woofers in the speakers have been replaced.

oh, I hear ya, and I'm too far away. I have 4 Yamaha NS5's, 4 smaller Yammies, and two Advent Cambridge Sound Labsm 2 Pioneer SX-1010's, an old Onkyo, an original Carver receiver, 4 turntables and 4 reel-to-reel's. certainly need no more, but can always make room for great speakers.

@LaserDave let me have 2 of those NS-5s!!!!!🤗🤗🤗😳

I might consider that. Haven't had them hooked up in years. Always want my original pair, and I also have the killer Advents.
I used to have all 4 5's and 4 smaller Yammies hooked in series-parallel to a Pioneer SX1010 in my 14x12 home office. Epic.
No wonder my hearing is so trashed.

That was a deal, and 'da bomb' in the day. I had a Marantz receiver, AR speakers, Hitatchi turntable. Two things I'd wished I'd never sold. My sound system setup from college and my '65 Mustang.

Well I have probably at least 200 vinyl albums of classic rock I'd sell, some jazz some bluegrass from the 70's for the audiophile in ya'll popping out. PM me if interested.

Back