• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Vintage Trials

Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Last Name
Willis
3rd Annual American Fallen Soldiers Project Charity Trial
Saturday November 2nd 2013
Donie Texas at the Huffman Farm
Portrait presentation, food, music, camping
Over 30 riders last year. 20 some vintage bikes
Vintage non stop rules
Spectator friendly
Come join us to ride or just watch

WOW 3rd annual already !!!!!
I am still getting over the soreness from riding in the first one.
If any one is the least bit curious about trials you owe it to yourself to go watch an event. What other motor sport event can you stand inches from a competitor while they are on course. I do recomend standing a bit further from VintageTour when he is on course because he does not always stay in course or on the bike for that matter !
This is a fantastic event, Motorcycles old and new food music, and great friends. Coming together to honor American Heros.

Tom.jpg

Thank you Dutch for not posting the shots of me going over the bars.....Oh Oh maybe shouldn't have reminded you :doh:

I'm gonna have to make this. Been scratching an itch to buy a trials bike and this might just push me over the edge. See you guys there!

Your "Sponsor" is currently out of loaner bikes but they were sold to two more people getting into vintage trials. That said if anyone has the slightest interest in trying "going slow" I will let you ride mine until the wheels come off or it runs out of gas whichever comes first. Even if you just want to watch it is for a good cause. :rider:

Your "Sponsor" is currently out of loaner bikes but they were sold to two more people getting into vintage trials. That said if anyone has the slightest interest in trying "going slow" I will let you ride mine until the wheels come off or it runs out of gas whichever comes first. Even if you just want to watch it is for a good cause. :rider:

I'll take you up on that offer Vintagetour. I promise I won't scratch it. Never ridden a trials bike, but 43 years on just about everything else...

Yes Dutch the rain should be through here by tomorrow evening and the temps look good for Saturday. We laid the sections out last Saturday and this year the Novice line is very "new rider" friendly yet challenging enough to get a few points from the more experienced Novice riders. We even added a Masters line for some of the Expert riders who weren't challenged enough. We will be looking for volunteers to judge (punch the cards)for the sections. You don't have to be experienced. This is not for points and it is just for fun. All the riders should be honest enough to tell you what they got in the section. Looking forward to seeing the TWT riders there!:rider:

Tom, I'm planning to ride down, as is Mark Rooney. Looking forward to it.

Back