• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Visit from Santa Brown or is that Yellow?

WoodButcher

Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Rusty
Last Name
Myers
Just ordered this stuff yesterday just after lunch. Expected arrival was to be on Monday. Got an email from Amazon last night saying today before 8pm. As you can tell by the daylight, they beat that. I guess this is the upside to them having a warehouse in Austin.

IMD_8771-XL.jpg

IMD_8773-XL.jpg

IMD_8775-XL.jpg

Scott (M38A1) says to wrap the empty box and put it under the tree. I'm thinking I really should check it out in case there is a defect and it needs to go back, right?

YES! Nothing so bad as finding your new present is broken and you can't play with it on Christmas.

Or two weeks before Christmas.

I still say play with it for two full weeks and put the empty box under the tree wrapped up. Inside the box, have a note that says where it is (like on which body and where in the house...) :photo:

Congrats. You're going to LOVE the versatility of the 70-200 f/2.8.

Box is wrapped and under the tree. If the lens wasn't white, my wife probably wouldn't notice.

Box is wrapped and under the tree. If the lens wasn't white, my wife probably wouldn't notice.

I have a Sharpie, can come over and make the thing black so it blends in with all the other lenses.

I've always wanted one of those 70-200 f/2.8's. Someday.

Not sure the Canon lens will fit on my Sony DSLR... being I just got a mirrorless now I'm getting into those.

Did you get rid of your other camera? Thought it was a Canon. In any case, you can try it on my camera.

Back