• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Waco to Houston Raceway Park

Reaction score
First Name
Devin
Last Name
Wood
Going to a racing YouTuber’s event this weekend at Houston Raceway Park and lookin at routes. My current route is gonna take me from Waco, down 164 to buffalo, then 45 south. Thing is I wanna avoid Houston at all costs, maybe even Conroe also. Are there and nice roads through the Davy Crockett National Forest that I could take? Or maybe some nice roads in the area that I can check out? I’d like to eventually end up on 146 going into Baytown as that’s where my hotel will be. Thanks!

You could jump off I-45 at Huntsville to go thru SHNF to Cleveland>Dayton>Baytown.

Haha. That’s actually my current route that I have planned. Was just wondering if there was any other route that may be more scenic or curvy on the way down.

Going to see Cleetus. Cool. I wanted to go, but plans did not work out.
Had a friend that went to the last one and said it was a blast.
Bring some water, they charge and arm and leg for it there.

105 through Conroe should not be bad on a Saturday.

Hwy 6 to 105, then south on 321 to Dayton.
Your route through SHNF would probably be prettier.

Just check to see if there is construction still on 45.
You could do 6 to College Station to 30 ( or even to Navasota/105 and make a run up FM 3090 to 30 :) ), then over to Huntsville and SHNF.
Possibility

Back