• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Walburg German Restaurant - Walburg, TX

Reaction score
First Name
Randy
If you like German food, this is a good place to stop in for a bite.
All the food is very authentic, it was like being back in Munich at Grandma's house. The only thing they are missing are the one litre steins, :chug: but then if your riding or the driver thats shouldn't be an issue.
http://www.walburgrestaurant.com/index.asp

The restaurant is 15 mile north of Goergetown on FM972 4 miles east of I-35.
Should you come into town at night, its the only building with external light, so you can't miss it. Watch out during the day though because if you blink you'll miss the town hit the hairpin turn and run off the road.

I have scouted the roads out that direction. They aren't the best roads, but the scenery is nice and traffic is near non-existant. I will be documenting roads in the area on the "roads and routes" forum.

Re: Walburg Restaurant - German food and a nice big BeerGarden - between Austin & Tem

Thanks for posting this. I've passed by that place a number of times but never stopped in. German food isn't my absolute favorite, but if it's prepared well, it's pretty good stuff. Might have to try it out. 8-)

<edit> Just realized the group I will be leading next Sunday will be passing right by there on our return route. Next time I'm out there, I might make this place the meal stop.

Last edited:
Re: Walburg Restaurant - German food and a nice big BeerGarden - between Austin & Temple

I love German food. I can't wait to try this place out. Thanks for posting!

Re: Walburg Restaurant - German food and a nice big BeerGarden - between Austin & Tem

Funny thing happened. I read the post, clicked on the link and as it popped up on my screen the phone rang. It was my Dad inviting me and wife to join them for dinner up in Walburg. Couldn't ignore that, so off we go in a little while.

Don't speed to get there. the 90 degree turn just west of the restaurant is a notorious speed trap. If you meet the Constable say hi to Bobby for me.

Re: Walburg Restaurant - German food and a nice big BeerGarden - between Austin & Temple

What Txmedic said! Got my first ticket in 10-11 years coming through there. Speed through town is 30mph! And they mean it.

Mark

Food was good. We tried the buffet just to get a sample of what they had. We'll go back again.

WoodButcher said:
Food was good. We tried the buffet just to get a sample of what they had. We'll go back again.

How much for the buffet? What kind of selection is in the buffet area? Did the food seem to get rotated out pretty quickly? Is it all german food on the buffet?

Corey said:
How much for the buffet? What kind of selection is in the buffet area? Did the food seem to get rotated out pretty quickly? Is it all german food on the buffet?

$14.95. Good selection. Food is kept very hot...rotated fairly quickly for the popular stuff. Not all german. Let me test the gray matter here...Weinersnitchel, homemade sausage, saurbraten, swienebraten, fried shrimp, fried catfish, potato soup, jager sauce (mushroom gravy), spatezle (noodles), potato wedges, sour kraut, rote cole (red cabbage), salmon on rice, some chicken thing, cole slaw, german potato salad, cucumber salad, carrot salad, green salad. That's all I can remember. Paulaner Oktoberfest on tap.

WoodButcher said:
$14.95. Good selection. Food is kept very hot...rotated fairly quickly for the popular stuff. Not all german. Let me test the gray matter here...Weinersnitchel, homemade sausage, saurbraten, swienebraten, fried shrimp, fried catfish, potato soup, jager sauce (mushroom gravy), spatezle (noodles), potato wedges, sour kraut, rote cole (red cabbage), salmon on rice, some chicken thing, cole slaw, german potato salad, cucumber salad, carrot salad, green salad. That's all I can remember. Paulaner Oktoberfest on tap.

Excellent! Thanks! :bigokay: I'm more than starving now.

Glad to hear you liked it and there are a few others out there that like German Food as much as I do. Prost.

I will be getting from German in a month and can't wait.

Back