• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Want to “demo” a Triumph Trophy

BrianR

Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Last Name
Reynolds
I think I want a Trophy. Best deals on Trophy’s seem to be far away. Will someone please let me ride theirs for a little bit to see if I like it?Closest one I can find is 150 miles from me here near Tyler.

Mature adult just wanting a test ride before I fly to Tucson or Florida to bring one home...

I sold my Tiger out of necessity and now want a different bike. Trophy is obviously better tourer for those times when I want to, but I want to make sure it isn’t too big of a bike for fun factor after being on a Tiger 800xc for several years. Sprint GT is also in the running.

I've had both the Sprint GT and TTSE. Very different characters. The Sprint GT looks sportier and has a more aggressive riding posture, but the TTSE has the better quality WP suspension and IMO is the better handling bike in the twisties. I know some folks are taken aback by how large the front end is on bikes like the TTSE and RT, but that size is what make them work so well on long trips. Anyhow... mighty unfortunate Hinckley decided to ixnay both of them. I would jump on either in a heartbeat for a hunt for distant twisties.

LOL... 150 miles is just a couple of hours away. I've ventured a lot farther out to scope out a bike. Dunno about the panniers. They might have them but just not in the pictures.

The Trophy is a bargain right now -- prices plummeted once Triumph discontinued the bike. I wanted to trade mine for a Tiger 800, but what they wanted to give me for the bike was peanuts.

Dang it! Decided to take Friday and go look at the bike in Woodlands. It’s sold.

The websites I mean are private owners who rent their bikes. There was a thread not long ago here with a few of them listed. You can choose different areas and such.

You can probably ride this Aprilia Componard at AF1 in Austin. They are a sweet Touring bike IMO. Spectrum bikes in Taylor Tx. has a 2008 low milage Triumph Sprint. Ask both of these owners if they know of a Trophy FS. Both dealers only have clean bikes. 235974

I actually went and checked out the Sprint at Spectrum. Nice bike, just not my personal riding style. Owner was great - we had a good talk.

The websites I mean are private owners who rent their bikes. There was a thread not long ago here with a few of them listed. You can choose different areas and such.
I checked - only Trophy is a 2001 down by Austin. BTW - interesting avatar pic. I have an interest in that particular event.

I actually went and checked out the Sprint at Spectrum. Nice bike, just not my personal riding style. Owner was great - we had a good talk.
Spectrum has low mileage nice bikes. He is from the west coast I think, surprised he didn't know of any FS. Dream Machines has nice bikes. I bought a Triumph Tiger 1050 from AF1, they treated me right. If I were buying another street bike it would be a Triumph 800, 2016 up, the street model with cast wheels. Love the triples.

Back