• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Warmer weather + small sleeping bag recommendations?

B

breeno

So, I have 2 sleeping bags for colder trips, but I’d love to pick up a 3rd for warmer trips that packs nice and small (trying to get my load-out smaller and smaller)

Not looking for a 500$ bag ultra-mega-über lightweight backpacking bag ... but more of a bang-for-buck sorta bag.

Anyone have any good recommendations for this?

I use a Coleman Silverton sleeping bag. About $50 on Amazon, non snag zippers and it comes with a small stuff sack so no need to roll up. I says its good down to 25F but if warm i just open it up and good to go. I use it with the Marchway ultra light folding cot which is much better than a pad and collapses small

I agree,,,,bang for the buck = coleman tents (@Walmart)
but it wont be small size,

small size = $$$

Are you talking about Texas late spring or summer weather? One option might be to buy a sleeping bag liner. I bought one a few years back, made of flannel or something similar. Originally, it was meant to make Colorado camping a little more comfortable on cold nights. Instead, it's been used for warm weather camping. When the temps never get below 65 or so, it's perfectly comfortable.

I've been using an Enlightened Equipment's 40 degree Revalation quilt for a couple of years. $280, 14 oz and packs down to the size of a soda can. You can cinch it up like a sleeping bag or lay it out flat like a quilt/sheet. I sleep very cold. Great summer bag for Colorado.

Back