• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Watch Moto America Races

Yeeha! Stephen

Forum Supporter
Reaction score
I really like the Inside Moto America: The Pressure to Rise series.

1631232096894.png

They post some full races on youtube. I like the twins cup. From 2021 so far:

Great racing series, great Pressure to Rise series too.

The one thing that confused me as a new fan was running two series within one race.
The HONOS Superbike and Supersport at the same time. Heck maybe even the stock 1000 class too.

I hope to see Jake Gagne move on up to World GP. Not sure how being the best in the US series compares to the World GP riders. It would be fun to watch.

Great racing series, great Pressure to Rise series too.

The one thing that confused me as a new fan was running two series within one race.
The HONOS Superbike and Supersport at the same time. Heck maybe even the stock 1000 class too.

I hope to see Jake Gagne move on up to World GP. Not sure how being the best in the US series compares to the World GP riders. It would be fun to watch.

What you saw race together was the Superbike and Stock 100, but they weren't racing 'together'. They each have their own race, but if a Stock 1000 rider's qualifying times are fast enough for the SBK cutoff, then they are allowed to race in that class as well. Out of the 25 Stock 1000 riders, you may get 8-10 that qualify for SBK. The reason they decided to do this was that the SBK grids were getting low, so they wanted to increase the grid numbers for tv.

As for moving up, we have two former MA racers in Moto2 (Joe Roberts and Cameron Beaubier just got 5th at the CotA round) and one (Garrett Gerloff) in WSBK right now. We have another one (Sean Dylan Kelly) moving up to Moto2 next year.

What you saw race together was the Superbike and Stock 100, but they weren't racing 'together'. They each have their own race, but if a Stock 1000 rider's qualifying times are fast enough for the SBK cutoff, then they are allowed to race in that class as well. Out of the 25 Stock 1000 riders, you may get 8-10 that qualify for SBK. The reason they decided to do this was that the SBK grids were getting low, so they wanted to increase the grid numbers for tv.

As for moving up, we have two former MA racers in Moto2 (Joe Roberts and Cameron Beaubier just got 5th at the CotA round) and one (Garrett Gerloff) in WSBK right now. We have another one (Sean Dylan Kelly) moving up to Moto2 next year.
Interesting, so how often do the Stock 1000's place in front of the Superbike guys?

COTA looked at least a little promising for Beaubier but the sad reality is that MotoAmerica is not preparing the next breed of Americans to be competitive in MotoGP even with DORNA placing their hands on the scales in the background. It would be much better for an aspiring young rider to go to Europe & enter the national Moto3 or the Red Bull Rookies series. Once you're past 16 the door is closing on you fast. It's fun to see Toni, Loris & Hector on track but they haven't raised the bar like I'd hoped.

Never understood why JD Beach came home after 2008, stopped his career dead.

Back