• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Waxahachie

Reaction score
New to Texas, I have an adventure bike. Any body ride local near Waxahachie?

I've come to terms Texas don't many Forrest..lol.

Any advice for some dirt road riding?

Welcome. Not many locals on here and even fewer that ride dirt. As you said, Waxahachie isn't a dirt riding Mecca by any means, but we have a couple of nice roads here and there.

If you happen to be on FB, feel free to join here:

We plan all of our local dirt rides from there.

Welcome to TWT. There are probably more adventure bike riders here than just about everything else put together. That said, there's an unwritten rule here: until you post a picture of your bike, it doesn't really exist. :trust:

IMG_20200418_173048_01.jpg

I want to exist...

Welcome to Tejas!!! If you want forests then you have to go to east Texas. There are lots of dirt roads once you get away from town, just be careful to stay on county roads.

Any areas in particular you would recommend?
I got lost on the dirt roads around Navarro mills lake. Head out to Stockdale and you can find dirt roads out there. I am pretty sure there are some in your back yard. All I did was peel off the black top on any named dirt road that I would find.

was peel off the black top on any named dirt road that I would find.
This is what I do all the time, sometimes a dead end others times miles of fun. All part of the adventure. Generally I'll have a general goal and keep finding dirtroads that head that way.

There are couple of local dirt rides in the works for next weekend if it dries out. The mud around here is not that fun.

<---- See :)

There are couple of local dirt rides in the works for next weekend if it dries out. The mud around here is not that fun.

<---- See :)
Hard to find any mud fun on 500 pound bikes, lol. The gunk we have here besides being slick will gum up front tire/fender=no go.

There are some well rutted dirt roads between Maypearl & Grandview in one direction, and back toward Waxahachie in the other. If MacDaddy joins this thread, he can show them to you. But don't try to follow him on those roads unless your KTM is race-tuned and your health insurance is paid up. :-P Jeephoto also showed me some dirt west or SW of Maypearl. It was way too rutted for me on a VStrom and I had to turn back. But he can probably pinpoint some roads for you. Also, even though Mr2mch lives farther south, he seems to know every goat path in Texas, and has paper maps detailing every single one of them.

So I'm not sure how this will work exactly but I've made a public list of points of interest if anyone is interested in using it. FYI it's on Google maps

Feel free to use it or save stuff to it.

If anyone tries it and has issue let me know well try to work on it.

Almost 10 years back....Dahveed created this DFW map for those seekin dirty rides...

DFW Area DS Roads

Theres also an Austin area map too. It was actually created first ...the DFW came afterward to keep the Austin map from gettn too large.

Heres the TWT thread...

[/URL]
Sent from my LML212VL using Tapatalk

Last edited:
@MacDaddy
@Jeephoto
@Mr2mch

The beacon is lit. Gondor calls for aid!

Welcome! I ride a big heavy street bike so I don't search out dirt, but you're in good dirty company with the guys here on TWTex.
Well...mabe not so much me.... Im more inclined to find the lil paved goatpaths.
I do sell Butler maps too.

Sent from my LML212VL using Tapatalk

@MacDaddy
@Jeephoto
@Mr2mch

Welcome! I ride a big heavy street bike so I don't search out dirt, but you're in good dirty company with the guys here on TWTex.

Well my handlers in the Witness Protection Program won't appreciate me being Unmasked like this Pacman. ;-)

Jarrett mentioned above signing up on the FB group for local information and that's a good idea. I just posted up a ride for next Saturday and we'd all like to meet you. BTW, tell us where you're from, I'm curious and I'm sure others are as well.

Some of us from this site have also been making weekend runs up to the Ouachita National Forest in southern Oklahoma/Arkansas from time to time too. Welcome.

@MacDaddy
@Jeephoto
@Mr2mch

Life's been busy and I haven't done much riding, but I'm getting the itch to do some exploring. We had some great times group riding South of the Metroplex. In fact, I just drove some of those roads in the car last week: Alvarado, Midlothian, Maypearl, Grandview, Waxahachie. I'm ready to fire up the GPS and load up my dual-sport and explore even more little roads.

Hey guys first thanks for the welcoming.

I've been riding on and off over the years, started with a klr 650 then move to a KTM 500.

I got both of those bikes when I lived in NJ, then I moved to WV and didn't really ride much there. Sold the 500 before I moved to TX. I've done a few rider Rally's. Mostly in the Northeast- PA,NJ, and one in WV.

Now I'm in TX I got the itch to ride again myself. Found this 1290 and couldn't resist. lol.

I signed up for the Texas redneck ramble, looking forward to that.

Let me talk to Robert Lee as he posted a ride the same day you all are trying together. I may pass on his, I'd like to learn with a few locals.

First ride I would do from Waxahachie would be to Maypearl and the Busy Bee Cafe. Then loop back. It's a nice road but it's all paved.

Hey guys first thanks for the welcoming.

I've been riding on and off over the years, started with a klr 650 then move to a KTM 500.

I got both of those bikes when I lived in NJ, then I moved to WV and didn't really ride much there. Sold the 500 before I moved to TX. I've done a few rider Rally's. Mostly in the Northeast- PA,NJ, and one in WV.

Now I'm in TX I got the itch to ride again myself. Found this 1290 and couldn't resist. lol.

I signed up for the Texas redneck ramble, looking forward to that.

Let me talk to Robert Lee as he posted a ride the same day you all are trying together. I may pass on his, I'd like to learn with a few locals.

I think Robert is offering that ride as either Saturday or Sunday so you could do both or either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

New to Texas, I have an adventure bike. Any body ride local near Waxahachie?

I've come to terms Texas don't many Forrest..lol.

Any advice for some dirt road riding?
Welcome to Texas & Ellis County

Since your new to the area, I would suggest picking up one of the Roads of Texas map books, so you can get familiar with the roads in our area & thru out the state.

Map Books are a bit old school (but can be be used to plan way points on gps if your into that type of riding), I've used them to get a good idea the different types of roads for planning a short day ride or a long multi-day ride and at end of my rides, I highlight the routes taken, so I can keep track of roads I've been on & and explore new routes.

Here's a description & link to a few of them:
The Roads of Texas - maps all the roads, from interstates to county roads to dirt roads and contains extensive indexing. No other atlas, either online or printed, contains the county roads, back roads, dirt roads, creeks and waterways, parks, lake and river access, pipelines, transmission lines, cemeteries and other landmarks that appear in The Roads of Texas. You will also find pages and pages of little-known facts and trivia on this great state as well as festival information and Texas historical tidbits.

Texas Road & Recreation Atlas - The field-checked Landscape Maps reveal back roads landforms with amazing realism and detail, clearly showing how the state’s vast network of roads and local recreation landmarks fit into the countryside. A complete Recreation Guide provides regional maps and lists a variety of outdoor activities. Arranged by category, it is the ideal planning tool for adventures, from a simple day-trip to an extended exploration. Benchmark field-checkers drove over 25,000 miles to make sure the Texas Road & Recreation Atlas is the most accurate, comprehensive, and reliable map product ever published for The Lone Star State.

DeLorme Texas Atlas & Gazetteer - Relied on for the utmost in trip planning and backcountry access. This 2017, 8th edition contains topographic maps with unbeatable detail, plus gazetteer information on great places to go and things to do. Scale equals 1:400,000 or 1"=6.3 miles. Contour Interval is 200'. Each page covers 61.7 miles x 89.1 miles and has GPS tick marks, index place names and physical features. Includes 130 pages of maps, with 160 pages in all. Gazetteer categories include Amusements, Campgrounds, Freshwater fishing, Hiking, Historic sites, Hunting, Information centers, Museums, National lands, Saltwater fishing, State lands, Texas travel trails, Unique natural features, and Wildlife viewing.

Back