• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

We have a heartbeat!!

We need a Lazrus icon or something for these threads. I'm reading and all choked up and then like "2004? ***?"

Still, all in all, it's all good stuff here.

We need a Lazrus icon or something for these threads. I'm reading and all choked up and then like "2004? ***?"

Still, all in all, it's all good stuff here.

:rofl:

I have just been poking through old threads, old ride reports, etc,... I just thought it might be cool for some of the newer people to see some of the stuff from the "early years". The forum has really gone through a lot of different phases over the years. You joined close to the high point of activity, around 2006-2010. It got a little crazy for a while, especially in the Off-Topic section. Things are relatively calm now... :wary:

I am sure that nothing enhances motorcycling like bringing along your baby girl. My daughter always worked on scooters with me, then when she was 14 I bought her a DR-200E and she took to it like a fish to water. She did lots of rides, got to the track a few times, drug a knee, fell over a little and generally loved riding. She quit riding all the time with the first baby, Carmen. I almost got her on a couple of rides, but then she had Jake. She was looking forward to riding the FZ1, cause she blew by me at like a buck thirty on one back when she was 16 or so. But, alas, number 3 had appeared so no riding until the fall. I win either way because I get grandchildren. I do have the 70 just in case. Maybe I can give the grandbabies some motorcycle love sometime.

I was so excited when she was born, my very own baby girl to love forever...and I still do!

DougandBabyDi.jpg

She had the motorcycle itch early I think....

Dianajanehorse.jpg

Gave her the sickness when she was very young

zx7daddy.jpg

Can't ride 'em if you can't fix them

dianajetting.jpg

Revalving forks on her SV650 we put a TL1000S front end onto.

P1010901.jpg

First test ride, no gear, I am a bad parent.

P1011041.jpg

When I rebuilt the TL1000R transmission, we noticed a missed spot on the frame paint. I touched it up and we put the high speed drier on her.

PC210111.jpg

Shaking down the TL1000R post water pump repair. Folks used to say, you let a 16 yr old ride those sport bikes? I said, she is safer than me on them.

P1011203.jpg

Graduated from College in 2012 and had some guests!

P1011463.jpg

Then came number 2, Jake, he looks like he wants to be hanging off and knee dragging

Jake%20Hanging%20Off.jpg

They got the gene, just working on Mom and Dad

IMG_0010.jpg

And we all know Pee Paw is a very bad influence

IMG_0105.jpg

We went to MotoGP together 3 yrs running

20160409_1100021.jpg

In 2017 she found Eraldo Ferraci and walked him over to me for a photo. She is the best.

IMG_1527.jpg

and she got a pic with some kid from Spain

IMG_0350.jpg

Went to see here at school a couple of times

IMG_0293.jpg

I love this one because when I showed up she told the other Science Dept. folks, "Don't judge me I know we have the same glasses and look alike!" Good to be the Dad!

IMG_0229.jpg

She is the best thing that life has given me and has taught me so much. She is a loving wife and mother and will always be my baby girl. She is also 31 so I get to dig her about being old as well!

IMG_08201.jpg

IMG_0632.jpg

I can vouch ... Doug is a great Pop and PeePaw.
I wish he would adopt me.

I am sure that nothing enhances motorcycling like bringing along your baby girl.

That's a great story. Reminds me a lot of my time with my daughter over the years.

It wasn't motorcycles for us, but jetskis. We spent a lot of years riding and wrenching on them together. She got really good at working on superchargers inside the skis. Her hands were so small, she could get in there and reach spots that my gorilla hands could not. She rode on the back at first, then finally start riding her own ski when she got older. She liked to race them, so we'd wrench on her ski and get it going good. She'd follow me to the lake before school some days to do speed testing runs, then she would hurry to school before she was late. Once we got it all dialed in, we'd hit a busy lake and go find boys for her to beat on the water. She loved that :)

She went off to college and I ended up selling the skis since we didn't ride much anymore. But last year, she got a little bit into riding motorcycles and we've been riding together some. She doesn't have the free time that she used to, but we catch a ride together when we can. She has helped me wrench on the bikes a bit in the garage, but we don't tear into them like we used to on the skis. Not as much interest. They are pretty fast already.

Here an old video of us out testing some new props in the skis and her smoking me on a holeshot :)

That video always makes me smile because of how serious she looks when she nods at me when I ask her if she's ready. Such the competitor, hehe.

Good times.

Back