• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Wednesday Night Bike Maintenance Night 6-9 PM: 1st Wednesday of the Month

Copy that Jeff hate to get pulled over and have a beer breath even from just one. Home on week ends cold Bud in a bottle and Pizza :-) watching NASCAR etc drink more then one.

Personally, I'm not offended by beer and actually have some on tap but I also live here and won't be riding or driving home afterward.

Anyway....since it's generally agreed that it is not a good idea to drink and then ride and because it's not nice to drink in front of others I hadn't planned on drinking during these events.

As far as showing up empty handed. Don't worry about it. I've been extremely blessed and am happy to give back a bit.

If you really want to bring something that is great too but we could probably use shop supplies or something to snack on / throw on the grill as much or more than the beer..

Last edited:
I think its great you're doing this Dave and will try to make a few of these in the future.

That is so gracious of you to offer. I'll definitely be there when I'm in the area!! I have so much to learn. Thank you!!!

This is an awesome idea 👍👍. Sad it’s not near me.

I never allow alcohol while working on cars and bikes.
Too dangerous.

Dave ... you might call your insurance agent and ask for a liability rider on your homeowner's policy in case someone gets hurt or something gets broken or misappropriated. It's not much.

So...I'm currently not expecting anyone tonight as definite but there are a couple of maybes. If you do show, knock on the garage door of the rear garage. House is a corner lot, the garage door of the house and both garage doors from the shop face the street on Townlake Circle. Knock on the either of the single doors of the shop and I'll open up.

Just mentioning as I'll probably have the doors shut since it's cold outside.

So...I'm currently not expecting anyone tonight as definite but there are a couple of maybes. If you do show, knock on the garage door of the rear garage. House is a corner lot, the garage door of the house and both garage doors from the shop face the street on Townlake Circle. Knock on the either of the single doors of the shop and I'll open up.

Just mentioning as I'll probably have the doors shut since it's cold outside.

If you are like me, folks will have to knock hard as the music might make it hard to hear the knocking... :-P

Copy the music, when alone my Klipsch are cranking. Sometimes you just need to FEEL the music :-) Sorry I will miss tonight but next month ( I hope) will be warmer looking forward to meeting everyone.
Louis

Last edited:
This really is a great idea but the weather is not cooperating, when it gets a bit warmer I would love to come along to meet a few people, I do all my own servicing and am willing to help out anyone needing assistance in the north Dallas area, have a good workshop and tools.

Gary

I will come over and help if needed, worked in a BSA/Yamaha shop when I was a kid,always did my own maintenance.
Louis

First post updated with address and a few more specifics. Weather looks a bit better this month and I know a few will be able to come this month.

See you Wednesday.

I’d like to attend this Wednesday. I need to work on the brakes on my V-Strom. I got new pads & new brake oil. Anything else I might need? Is there any shop supplies I could bring?
I have brake job tools and supplies but brake cleaner, carb cleaner and paper shop towels are always useful if you want to bring one of those items.

Last edited:
I picked up some hot dogs, hot Italian sausage and some Hatch Green Chile sausage that I'll likely throw on the grill.

Probably throw some ranch style beans on the stove as well.

Feel free to eat one or two. You might want to bring some chips or soft drinks or dessert items if you want them as I don't have much of those.

Should be fun.

I will be there I need to change my oil.

Do you have complimentary gas I need to fill up my tanks :)

Next month I need to add aux lights to the twin.

I will be there I need to change my oil.

Do you have complimentary gas I need to fill up my tanks :)

Next month I need to add aux lights to the twin.
Got some stale gas I pulled out of a rusty tank you can have. I hear those ATs will run on just about anything...

House isn't hard to find but just be aware that it's a corner lot. The front of the house, and the address is on Canalview but the garage opens to Townlake Circle. Just pull in the driveway that isn't part of the house as the edition is the garage we'll be working out of. You'll understand when you get there.

Yeah, but they don't hold much. I'll be there. Not sure I'm actually going to work on my bike. Might just help others. Or watch.

awesome, we have a garage monkey to hand us tools and refreshments :)

Good times!

Kevin takin a nap

Here’s Bob cleaning up Kevin’s “fluids”

Our host Super Dave

Back