• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Wednesday Night Bike Maintenance Night 6-9 PM: 1st Wednesday of the Month

Had a good time last night. It was fun to hang out and talk / work on bikes for a bit. Thanks to all who showed and made it possible. Looking forward to next month.

It was great, thanks again super Dave!

Don’t get to do this every day!

619cf36f86fc06ad77d6b208b65587f1.jpg

Now I gotta know about the car
It's essentially a DIY Hellcat. 2009 Challenger: Arrington Performance Aluminum Block 426 hemi as a crate engine, supercharged 6 speed Hurst shifter with SPEC clutch ( which needs to be replaced), Brembo brakes, Bilstein shocks, Cobra Corsa exhaust. Last dyno'd at 709 to the rear wheels.

Difficult to drive and not very practical but it's a lot of fun.

I didn't build it though. I found it at a used car lot a few years back. Came with build sheet paperwork 3 inches tall.

It's orange with black stripes and likes to play. I named it Tigger. :)
5aaa6199d1cdf6fb55994db1f6962a91.jpg

Last edited:
See you all next month, I was too sore from yard work etc, nice shop and cool.......... MOPAR......... Thumbs UP.

Louis

Wednesday is the 1st. I know a few are coming over for tires before our Arkansas ADV ride. I think I'll be mounting 2 or 3 at this point. Might be good to have some assistance in pulling them off the bike and reinstalling so I can stay on the mounting and balancing tasks.

Also...please take your old rubber with you. My tire stacks are big enough.

Let me know if you are coming and if you'll be hungry or not so I can get a food headcount. I can grill or whatever but may need some help there. Last time I think I burned some stuff trying to work in the shop and grill at the same time. Thankfully Dahveed took over the grill before all the meat turned to charcoal.

Looks like a fun thing to do, probably impractical down here as we are "down here". Maybe I will cipher on it a while.

Anyone planning on coming over tomorrow? Looks rainy...if nobody is coming. I'll cancel.

Then again...I'll probably be here regardless so it doesn't change my plans too much either way.

I'm planning on it now. Unless something changes. I'm planning on swapping a tire on the front wheel. I'll probably be there in the truck even if the weather is iffy. However, severe weather might make me change my mind.

I be there, I need to put on my new front tire and change out my brake pads.
Cool. See you then. @GLFlyer needs tires too and will probably be there. Then again, since this weekend might get rained out, he may not come. Getting things done early is not very exciting :)

I'm planning on it now. Unless something changes. I'm planning on swapping a tire on the front wheel. I'll probably be there in the truck even if the weather is iffy. However, severe weather might make me change my mind.
Good. See you then.

Understand about the weather. If it gets severe, best to not be out. I bet it will just be rain...but they do have the chance of severe in the forecast to keep us cautious.

Weather permitting this Wednesday I will be riding the curves in Arkansas.

How did I miss this thread before? We're almost neighbors; I live in Overland Stage. Maybe next I'll swing by just to say hi.

Oh wait; I bookmarked this a few months ago. So how have I missed the follow comments?? :doh:

I never saw this thread either til tonight. Weird.

Super Dave, this is awesome of you to do. What TWT is all about.

Wish I weren’t too far away...

Well....this is month 4.

Month 1, nobody
Month 2, good turnout, 5 guys, 2 bikes to work on
Month 3, weather kind of iffy, actually had no rain here but the possibility was there and kept a few away...one person showed and we changed a tire.

Anyway...I'll be here this Wednesday and available. I have a tire to mount on my GS and may be putting my painted fairings back on my GSXR. I anyone wants to show, come on out.

We'll see how Wednesday goes but if it doesn't start taking off, I'll probably stop it as a regular event.

Still glad to help anyone that needs something, but things usually take off if there's demand and die off if there is not. So far, the demand for this doesn't appear to be there.

We'll see how Wednesday goes but if it doesn't start taking off, I'll probably stop it as a regular event.

Still glad to help anyone that needs something, but things usually take off if there's demand and die off if there is not. So far, the demand for this doesn't appear to be there.

Well, don't get excited. I've got work to do on both bikes, but I scheduled something else this day on accident. And I'll be out of town in July. But August is looking good.

Back