• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Well how did the route turn out?

Hate to hear that. Funny how a quick afternoon ride can turn into an adventure.

The bridge? Yeah. Was a bummer. Fun road.
Yep. Bridge has been closed for atleast a year. Some family friends own property on the north end of the Bridge.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

We were going to try and get around the barrier, but one of the guys was on a Tiger with hard cases and we didn't think he would make it.
Those boards have needed replacement for the 15 years I've been going out there.

I probably would not have risked it, makes it hard to justify to insurance.

I do hope they get it back open. I really enjoy that road and bridge

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

If anybody is interested, my buddy and I are planning a few moto camping trips for 2021. We have already done a few. Next one will be the Central TX Hill Country overland route. San Antonio to Mason camp site, then to Fredericksburg and back to San Antonio. After that one, the plan is to ride to Big Bend and camp for a few nights.

I might be. Just need specifics and such.
We will be going around the spring time and we are just route planning for now. I do know that the dirt roads on the Overland route are not aggressive at all. A Prius can pretty much do the whole ride

That is the start point. We rode the route in his Tacoma the day that it snowed this past Sunday.

If anybody is interested, my buddy and I are planning a few moto camping trips for 2021. We have already done a few. Next one will be the Central TX Hill Country overland route. San Antonio to Mason camp site, then to Fredericksburg and back to San Antonio. After that one, the plan is to ride to Big Bend and camp for a few nights.
been to BIG BEND a few times and would be interested for another go at it. would this be a pavement only or off-road trip?

been to BIG BEND a few times and would be interested for another go at it. would this be a pavement only or off-road trip?
My buddy rides a T7 and I ride a CRF450L. I don’t think we would get into anything crazy other than fire roads, etc

@South Tex - do you mind sharing some of the good dirt roads around your area?
I sure don’t mind, but I guess I’ve lived here long enough to just know some of the backroads but not the names. Plus I do a lot of loops and get lost to add miles to short trips.

I am up for a couple over nights to BB and back and will be contacting aspear hoping for some use of his sand in the next month or two. Gotta get back into it. GS Trophy Qualifiers are fast approaching.

Back