• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

How bout this?

There is the Thunder in the Hill Country Rally in Bandera this weekend as well though. Not sure if that means we should avoid the area or not.

We can reroute to the East of Spring Branch if needed.
The route looks great to me. There are some curvy highlights. Clever name for the route. [emoji39]

I don't know how crowded the "Thunder" would make it or if we'd have a hard time grabbing lunch. Then again, I'm not picky about an eating place. I could bring a sandwich too.

If it's too crowded or otherwise obnoxious, we could always bail on the route and find another way.

Hey guys, first time poster who'd be interested in joining your rides also. I've lived in Kyle since 2004 and currently have a new-to-me 2013 WR250R and a 2017 Triumph Tiger 800 XCX. I typically ride with a buddy in the hill country on the weekends, all street. I'm interested in playing in the dirt a little now so your outings look like a lot of fun.

What location is that? Here's the NWS forecast for near Spring Branch (from Austin/San Antonio NWS):

Saturday
A 20 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms after 1pm. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 84. South southeast wind 5 to 10 mph.

Source: https://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?textField1=29.92&textField2=-98.41

edit: And a more central location to the ride is Kerrville, with no rain forecasted at this time. Also from NWS:

Saturday
Mostly cloudy, with a high near 83. South wind around 10 mph becoming west in the afternoon.

How about 9am at 281 & Knibble Rd? I can have breakfast with my lovely bride.

I'm flexible, though... Could go earlier or later.

Hey guys, first time poster who'd be interested in joining your rides also. I've lived in Kyle since 2004 and currently have a new-to-me 2013 WR250R and a 2017 Triumph Tiger 800 XCX. I typically ride with a buddy in the hill country on the weekends, all street. I'm interested in playing in the dirt a little now so your outings look like a lot of fun.
@dcdbraun (and anyone else) Join us?

Would love to join but I will be out of town.

Regarding “thunder” event - I was coincidently in Bandera a couple of years ago on this weekend and it was pretty darn popular - well attended. There was also a good amount of “speed monitoring” happening on the surrounding popular roads.

Looks fun but I am heading to Zars this weekend to ride dirt. Thanks anyway.

Thanks for the invite! It has been a while since I have ridden on pavement. I will be at Zars Saturday morning or I would be joining you guys.

I know most of those roads on that route very well, and it's been so long since I rode.
But I'm actually working 5 days this week so there will be no pouting!!! (ok, maybe a little...)
Next couple days I'm setting up a private event at Kendall County Equestrian west of Boerne, so if you moto-heads drift by, give me a blast of pipes and horns!

One weekend a month and only two weeks a year. This happens to be one of those weekends. But it is qual weekend so will be able to put some “lead” down range. Thank you for the invite.

I'm still in unless the forecast gets worse. No sweat if you want to cancel, though. I have some lights and tires coming in so i could easily work on that instead of riding.

Weather Underground and Weatherbug are both showing very low chance of rain after early morning.

WU shows a total of 2/100s of an inch for the day.

Screenshot_20210326-063349.jpg

Screenshot_20210326-063509.jpg

Thanks for the invite all! My wife requested a ride together this weekend, our second, so I'll have to pass. A 250+ mile day is a bit much for her right now. Something to work up to. Hopefully we see you out there though!

Back