• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Weekend Rides

Reaction score
Weather calling for pop up thunderstorms and I know you guys don't like the heat, but is anybody contemplating riding this weekend? Fanatics want to know....

Dang! Nobody getting out? I gotta get a dirt bike!

Contemplating? Yes.
But also need to get much work done on the dirt bike so it's ready to hit the trails now that they're back open. Maybe wrench today and ride tomorrow? What did you have in mind?

Not sure, I can only do fire roads/ gravel type stuff. Don't like exploring back roads alone. Nvr know what might happen. What else do you ride? I'm game for street or exploring. I mentioned the dirt bike because it seems there are always MX type guys roaming around Sam Houston... unfortunately I can't do singletrack....not yet!

For a ride tomorrow, I would be on the Tenere (adventure bike) so we're matched. I'll PM my contact info.

Sent from my SM-G860P using Tapatalk

I race TORCS, ride at SHNF, Sterling Ranch, Brune Mills, and Cycleland. Bikes in signature.

Cyclelannnnnnnd. I miss riding up there. Good times....

OK, had to log in from the laptop. You've got a good mix of bikes there. I don't have a enduro/mx...so as long as you're up for something moderate with a newbie, I would love to join you sometime.

I won't likely be getting to do any serious weekend riding for a while. After my recent trip to North Carolina, I have to be on call for work for the next few weekends. Also, the bike needs some basic maintenance, new rear tire, a good cleaning, etc,...

I won't likely be getting to do any serious weekend riding for a while. After my recent trip to North Carolina, I have to be on call for work for the next few weekends. Also, the bike needs some basic maintenance, new rear tire, a good cleaning, etc,...
In regards to cleaning, what do you use for chain maintenance....

I clean my KTM chain with water, followed by some WD-40 to get rid of the water, and finally a simple wipe down with an old rag to get rid of the excess WD-40. I do NOT use any kind of chain "lube" as they just cause dirt/grit to stick to the chain and act as abrasives against the rubber O-rings that keep the grease inside the roller pins between the plates. I might sometimes spray a dry teflon coating on the chain as that does not get sticky, but it does help repel water to prevent rusting.

My current chain is toast. When my garage was getting rebuilt last fall, the bike had to sit out on the back porch... The chain rusted pretty bad. When I get off my butt and get serious about doing the needed maintenance on the KTM, the chain will be getting replaced.

I and a lot of folks use the wax spray stuff. Does basically what scott says. I do use a steel brush and idle it on the center stand which cleans it well , just dont get caught...you been warned.

Back