• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Weekly Joe Fink Memorial BBQ lunch

I’m going to participate in a Patriot Guard Mission in the morning at Houston National Cemetery. I think it might be finished by 1045. Google say 1:20 from there to Iola so maybe (?). So I’d get there 1230ish. Gonna be a hot afternoon ride home.

I’ll ride the bike to my dr.’s appointment (in Conroe), and if I get finished in time, I’ll head straight there.

The place was almost empty when I ordered and 25 minutes to receive my burger . Afterward saw a sign at register stating up to 40 minute wait for food . Guess I need to call order ahead of time .

This group has really slowed down, lol, understatement. I work Fridays but would meet up on a Thursday some time.

We haven't been here in a while but was good food.

For 6 years McKenzie’s BBQ has had the pleasure to serve the Madisonville community. It is through God and our loyal customers that we have had such a tremendous run. It deeply saddens us to say that run has come to its end. Due to being extremely short handed, crushing inflation & the after affects of the Covid-19 Pandemic we have decided that Saturday September 10, 2022 will be our last day of operation. This decision did not come lightly and has weighed heavy on our hearts. We truly do believe we have the best customers, it has been an honor to serve you, get to know you and make you apart of our family. We want to say thank you to all who have dined with us, whether it’s been for years or you just recently found us. We are grateful for your loyalty and support. Thank you to our staff past and present, for helping us take care of our customers. Your efforts didn’t go unnoticed. We hope to see y’all come into our Huntsville location. Madisonville will always hold a very special place in our hearts.
-The McKenzie Family

We haven't been here in a while but was good food.

For 6 years McKenzie’s BBQ has had the pleasure to serve the Madisonville community. It is through God and our loyal customers that we have had such a tremendous run. It deeply saddens us to say that run has come to its end. Due to being extremely short handed, crushing inflation & the after affects of the Covid-19 Pandemic we have decided that Saturday September 10, 2022 will be our last day of operation. This decision did not come lightly and has weighed heavy on our hearts. We truly do believe we have the best customers, it has been an honor to serve you, get to know you and make you apart of our family. We want to say thank you to all who have dined with us, whether it’s been for years or you just recently found us. We are grateful for your loyalty and support. Thank you to our staff past and present, for helping us take care of our customers. Your efforts didn’t go unnoticed. We hope to see y’all come into our Huntsville location. Madisonville will always hold a very special place in our hearts.
-The McKenzie Family

I still remember going there right after they opened. The parking lot was fresh and it was hot. My Vstrom's kickstand sank a few inches into the pavement, but didn't fall over.

I’m sorry McKenzie’s Madisonville is closing. I live in Huntsville and frequent McKenzie’s there.

Huntsville McKenzie’s was the regular Thursday Bike Night haunt when I first joined TwTex, and I met my future bride on one of those nights back in 2007.

What about making a group ride up to Madisonville this Saturday, for their last day?

This group has really slowed down, lol, understatement. I work Fridays but would meet up on a Thursday some time.
I am up for a Thursday now the weather has gotten more seasonal or maybe a Tuesday or Wednesday are what ever I just need to get a way from all my chores for a while and take a break
Been a long hot 🔥 summer

I spoke at length with Mrs McKenzie not long ago about the fate of the Madisonville location. By far, the biggest issue has been finding reliable help. They often had to close early because they simply had no one to work. Some folks would call in AFTER they were already supposed to be at work and inform them that they were not going to be able to make it, and they did not think this was a big deal!? :suicide: Even when they did show up, cell phone usage on the clock was a real problem as well. I see this latter issue at many businesses around town here in Huntsville. She mentioned then that the store would be closing soon. They just hadn't picked a date at the time. She was very frustrated, as are many evil greedy business owners that make so much money they can't even afford to stay in business... :roll:

o make it, and they did not think this was a big deal!? :suicide: Even when they did show up, cell phone usage on the clock was a real problem as well. I see this latter issue at many businesses around town here in Huntsville.
You're correct and it's very rude and not proper. But business owners can't fire everybody as Lisa says, already can't get help. And these kids know it.

Whatever day or location is fine with me .
If someone wants to set up Iola or something, sounds great. I'm not sure about this week yet. I know it's tomorrow, lol, but uncertain. But if free I'll eat some bbq, it's been a while since I've been there.

Back