• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Weekly Joe Fink Memorial BBQ lunch

Joe was on the big BMW GSA with 6 bright auxiliary lights. Bike on the far left. they still didn't see him.
252948334_10227759673556780_5415973117108462802_n.jpg

Wow, really sorry to hear! Prayers going out for Joe.

Man that’s bad news…
Praying for Joe and his family.

I saw a Grimes County sheriff vehicle turning onto 244 heading west as I was coming south on 90 after lunch. This sucks. Prayers for Joe.

I saw a Grimes County sheriff vehicle turning onto 244 heading west as I was coming south on 90 after lunch. This sucks. Prayers for Joe.
Yep ambulance came by why we were still at restaurant. Didn't even think about it.

Hope Joe can heal up with no long term issues. Just shows you can’t let your guard down at any time and expect people are not going to see you (or if they do, pretend you’re not there). After looking directly at me, a woman in a car pulled out right in front of me 2 weeks ago. Fortunately, there was enough room I squeezed by on the right between the car and the curb. It took all of my self control not to pull my gun and shoot her.

We had just finished this discussion when he left, literally. He had 6 of those bright lights on the front plus headlight. No excuse to turn in front of him.

Hope the surgery goes well Joe. Start healing up quickly and keep your good hand off the hot nurses. LOL I know you'll be on your phone and checking in here soon. Let us know if you need anything.

Yep ambulance came by why we were still at restaurant. Didn't even think about it.

Does make you think. The ambulance and other EMS responding to Joe Fink's accident scene passed by me on FM1375. Didn't find out for 2-3 more days as was camping in the forest.

Hope the surgery goes well Joe. Start healing up quickly and keep your good hand off the hot nurses. LOL I know you'll be on your phone and checking in here soon. Let us know if you need anything.
Aww, thanks for thinking of me (I am one of those "hot nurses" people keep talking about). ;)

Sucks to hear about this. Could have easily been me, since I ride that way as well when I go that way.

Joe Dirtryder is at St Joseph in Bryan. He has a broken hand, pelvis, ankle, and fractured leg. Probably having surgery on his ankle in the morning.
Thank you Roger.

We all know & accept the risks we take, whether driving, riding or climbing a ladder.
All my best to you Joe and hope to ride with you real soon!

Thanks guys I finally got in a room. There supposed to operate on me in the morning. He just made a turn right in front of me. I couldn’t believe it I had to hit the truck or trailer.
I was only running about 75 and I shut it down. But I have 4 of those clear waters
Lights with yellow covers. Idk he must have been drinking.

Good to see you are lucid.

Hopefully there is an accident report in your favor.
The deputy who arrived on the scene said the accident was clearly the fault of the driver in the pickup. A coupled who were behind Joe when it happened said the same thing. Luckly there was a off duty EMT who was in the stopped cars who helped before the county EMT's arrived.

Thanks guys I finally got in a room. There supposed to operate on me in the morning. He just made a turn right in front of me. I couldn’t believe it I had to hit the truck or trailer.
I was only running about 75 and I shut it down. But I have 4 of those clear waters

Really......REALLY....glad to read a post from ya Joe. Hope the surgery goes smoothly. The guys say hey.....
well...they actually say theyre keepin ya in their thoughts....me too

the most common way bikes get taken out, glad you are still with us and getting fixed. dam scary

Back