• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Weekly Piney Woods BBQ lunch

Tourmeister

Keeper of the Asylum
Admin
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Friday
This looks like it might be doable and even have a wee bit o dirt off 980...

Tourmeister

Keeper of the Asylum
Admin
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Friday
Great turnout! I wish I could have made it. My Dad had a funeral to attend so I had to come into work early.

Rsquared

Un-Supervised Slacker
Forum Supporter
The weather looks decent for tomorrow. How about Murphy's in Winchester, or Mallet Brother's in Iola at 11:00?

I sure want to join y'all, but I suddenly have to go to a funeral in Austin. Maybe next week! I'll be watching for the next ride!

jfink

Forum Supporter
First Name
Joe
The weather looks decent for tomorrow. How about Murphy's in Winchester, or Mallet Brother's in Iola at 11:00?
Everything seems perfect. SuperDuke is back from the shop, good weather, Murphy's!!! But yesterday I came down with a cold. I have gotten very few colds since I retired, so I am not certain where this one came from. I blame my buddy Chuck, we had lunch together yesterday. He is like the typhoid Mary of colds. I am sorry that I have to miss this one.

JMZ

First Name
John M.
Last Name
Zavadil
I vote to ride to Murphy's on a day I can go. Can't tomorrow. Maybe I could get bwdmax to get off his but and ride with me.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Rsquared

Un-Supervised Slacker
Forum Supporter
I hope you get to feeling better Joe, and thanks for not sharing it with us.

I'll see y'all at Iola...

JMZ pick a day next week for Murpy's.

First Name
Rob
Last Name
Vaughan
Only 5 today but good company and great day to ride. Phil and I found some neat roads in the Navasota river bottom. Have to go back when we have more time.

Tourmeister

Keeper of the Asylum
Admin
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Friday
Only 5 today but good company and great day to ride. Phil and I found some neat roads in the Navasota river bottom. Have to go back when we have more time.
The river bottom wasn't flooded?

Sarah and I tried to take the back way over to CJs BBQ last Sunday and could not get through. The road was closed and it was FLOODED. So we turned North and headed up some back roads to Iola, then over to Bedias, and eventually came out on US 75 a ways North of Cook Springs Baptist Church.

First Name
Rob
Last Name
Vaughan
The river bottom wasn't flooded?

Sarah and I tried to take the back way over to CJs BBQ last Sunday and could not get through. The road was closed and it was FLOODED. So we turned North and headed up some back roads to Iola, then over to Bedias, and eventually came out on US 75 a ways North of Cook Springs Baptist Church.
Barricades were still up and water over road, but 6 inches or so. Luckily the way we came in, didn't see barricades till we were exiting, so didn't go around. Just kept going to 21 so we wouldn't have to go around barricades to back track, lol.No problem.

bwdmax

Forum Supporter
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Turner
Unfortunately for me I have a Dr. appointment Friday that is going to kill this for me.

First Name
David
Last Name
Hutchinson
I'll be needing lunch on the way to Ghosts place if I head that way Friday and I sure can't think of anything better than murphys so probly .

First Name
Rob
Last Name
Vaughan
I'm going to have to be a maybe. Long day of back roads, see how the knee feels in the morning.

First Name
Rob
Last Name
Vaughan
Just a heads up, looks like a very small crowd, if anyone. Just be warned ahead of time! Sorry, sometimes things don't work out as planned. Either way you get to ride your bike and have an awesome steak. Looks like Cagiva 549, Silverbullett, and IdDave still possibles.
I rode all day yesterday on backroads, my knee just won't tolerate 6 hours on the sport bike today.

Just a heads up, looks like a very small crowd, if anyone... Looks like Cagiva 549, Silverbullett, and IdDave still possibles...
I had been noticing the fall out also. Now with your drop I will be changing plans myself also. I'm riding today regardless but ending up in Gatesville so Murphy's is one hour out of the way and forces me to cross Houston morning traffic.

Instead I will be eating at MacKenzie's BBQ in Madisonville at 11:30am if anyone wants to join.

Sorry if this confuses some as technically Murphy's is still "on" ?? But only one other confirmed is Cagiva549 and he's riding to Gatesville also.

_

Sent from my SM-G860P using Tapatalk

First Name
David
Last Name
Hutchinson
I don't need a reason for murphys other than I feel the need for steak and the only place I can get better is a thousand miles up the road , been needing a reason for a few months . SEYA at the next one .

JMZ

First Name
John M.
Last Name
Zavadil
Weather's nasty here so I'm glad I went into work.

JMZ

First Name
John M.
Last Name
Zavadil
You should have cropped yourself out !