• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Weekly Joe Fink Memorial BBQ lunch

I'm in for some east texas backroad riding. I ride a dr650 and I have a friend who rides with me on a wr450.

. one gave me the best kolache I've ever had (real sausage!).

real koalches
20120911-222137-kolache-festival-zamykal_zpscelcmxdr.jpg

:eat:

Chinese Pigs in Blanket Recipe

chinese_zpsnoxvqgvb.jpg

:scratch:

Kolach
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Kolach
4kolache.jpg
Kolache with poppy seed filling
Type Sweet bread
Cookbook: Kolach Media: Kolach

Larger koláč, so called "frgál" (plural frgály), baked at Moravian Wallachia area

Kolache preparation in bakery
A Kolach (plural kolache, also spelled kolace or kolacky /kəˈlɑːtʃi, -tʃki/,[1] from the Czech and Slovak plural koláče, sg. koláč) is a type of pastry that holds a dollop of fruit, rimmed by a puffy pillow of supple dough.[2] Originating as a semisweet wedding dessert from Central Europe, they have become popular in parts of the United States. The name originates from the Old Slavonic word kolo (коло) meaning "circle", "wheel".

:lol2:
Now that we have that straight . Sorry you didnt get to make the ride Wolfman . Silverbullet would have showed you some good riding . I need to get out that way soon .

Welcome to the forum WW

Last edited:
I was the one with the flat. Picked up a 2 1/2" long screw, washer included, a...Slime didn't work. Off brand fix a flat from the nearest gas station didn't work.

This will be the case 98% of the time with flats. Put Slime or Ride-On in first with a new tube. Then if you get a flat you know too much already for the sealant and repair is straight to a new tube. If you don't carry a spare tube, tire tools and an air source with you all the time better start or you'll be repeating your incident again. Next time you might not be on a well traveled road or have cell service. Might be a long wait or a very long walk.

For February 12th, how about C&J bbq in College Station at noon? Corner of Hwy30 and FM 58.

I'll be riding the cheeseburger loop from New Waverly to Yankees if someone wants to join...

Would like to join you next week for this ride but I'm out for this one and the rest of February. I'll be back in the fold starting March though.

_

I'm in for some east texas backroad riding. I ride a dr650 and I have a friend who rides with me on a wr450.

You're welcomed to join me at 9:30, FM1374 and I-45, at Burger King/Chevron. I'll run the first half of Cheeseburger loop, eat lunch and try to finish loop which leads back to New Waverly.

This is not a difficult loop, just lots of dirt roads and back road hard top. Unless weather changes it will be dusty.

This will be the case 98% of the time with flats. Put Slime or Ride-On in first with a new tube. Then if you get a flat you know too much already for the sealant and repair is straight to a new tube. If you don't carry a spare tube, tire tools and an air source with you all the time better start or you'll be repeating your incident again. Next time you might not be on a well traveled road or have cell service. Might be a long wait or a very long walk.
_

Currently my only experience trying to do tire work was on the front wheel, and I killed two tubes. I can't say I have a ton of confidence in my abilities. But it would be easy enough to carry the irons and a pair of spare tubes. I suppose I'll slime the ones I have and hope for the best if I have to try to swap tubes! Maybe I'll get lucky and have help!

You're welcomed to join me at 9:30, FM1374 and I-45, at Burger King/Chevron. I'll run the first half of Cheeseburger loop, eat lunch and try to finish loop which leads back to New Waverly.

This is not a difficult loop, just lots of dirt roads and back road hard top. Unless weather changes it will be dusty.

Well, I think I'll try to meet you for this one. I NEED to get out on some dirt roads! Everyone I know near me has road only bikes!

Doesn't get better than this anytime of the year! Even low wind.

Attachments

• 7_day.jpg
    7_day.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 269
I'm all set and ready to go for the morning. Tires slimed, spare tubes on hand, air compressor stowed. Hopefully I won't catch a screw this time!

Rob if you guys want to meet up I have some backroad route to CJ's. Lots of dirt county roads. Just put some new shoes on my XR.

We're leaving new Waverly at 9:30. What did you have in mind?

Just to clarify, I'll be coming up to New Waverly. I'd be happy to meet anyone else along the way, especially if they can lead us to more dirt!

If you have room, I think I'll join you guys. If anyone is riding through the Tomball / Magnolia area I'll connect with you.

If you have room, I think I'll join you guys. If anyone is riding through the Tomball / Magnolia area I'll connect with you.

I'm going to be coming up from cypress and hitting 149 to head out. I'll be taking cypress rose hill to decker prarie. I'll be leaving home by 0800, not sure exactly when I'll pass through there. Traffic permitting, not too late at all.

I'm going to be coming up from cypress and hitting 149 to head out. I'll be taking cypress rose hill to decker prarie. I'll be leaving home by 0800, not sure exactly when I'll pass through there. Traffic permitting, not too late at all.

Well if you want to meet up, I'll plan to be at the Exxon at the corner of 249/149/1774 at 8:20 or so. That should be about the time you pass through. I'll be on a ridiculously (I'm not kidding, it's become an addiction) farkled out KTM 690. Looking forward to it.

- Jason

Well if you want to meet up, I'll plan to be at the Exxon at the corner of 249/149/1774 at 8:20 or so. That should be about the time you pass through. I'll be on a ridiculously (I'm not kidding, it's become an addiction) farkled out KTM 690. Looking forward to it.

- Jason

I'll shoot for that time frame. Hope to see you there!

- Jason

"Farkled out KTM 690", great, going to make me spend money! lol

Joe Fink (990KTM), Rob J (XR650R) and Stephen M (KLR) at 9:30a at the Chevron. See you there!

I got word that lunch will be delayed just a bit. Couple of riders took a wrong turn. But still in route for those interested.

Not making lunch. 3 bikes had issues. Eating in Bedias now. If anyone there very sorry.

Back