• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Weekly Joe Fink Memorial BBQ lunch

It would be nice if my garage was air conditioned.

Daiken mini split. My wife came into the garage last week to see what I was messing with and informed me it was way colder in the garage than in the house. It was 96 outside. Best money I’ve ever spent...

The missing weep hole is the issue , all automotive water pumps have ceramic seal and a weep hole to allow any escaping coolant to drip out rather than contaminate the oil . CJ addressed the issue and added a weep hole but the lip seal is no better than a factory seal which is just fine but not a waterpump seal , the sealed bearings give you 5 seals instead of one . I did pack the cavity’s between the water pump impeller and bearings with grease last time I replaced it in 07 and am going to put that motor in the lateset 950 I have now , my old motor was a stronger pulling motor and I will open up the waterpump just to see what it looks like inside . That was the third waterpump in my old motor and the up graded KTM we shaft had no shaft wear at that repair , both prior failures were due to seal wear and shaft wear of the first waterpump . The first failure on mine was the snap ring coming off and eating the impeller but warranty fixed that one at 1800 miles second one lasted 11,000 , thats when it got the better shaft , that one lasted around 16,000 , that’s only three oil changes , not acceptable for me .

I just finished servicing a 50 + year old GM diesel standby generator set , military surplus , the water pump has a grease fitting to lube the bearings . I can handle that type reliability , I gave it a couple pumps of grease and a new fan belt and expect it will still be doing it job when I’m long gone . I rigged it up for a friend in the late 80s and it has about 1500 hours of service since then .

From the looks of your picts I expect your waterpump is ok internal but has some serious external leak issues . If it is an internal leak the oil will be contaminated and oil filter will be wavy or crushed

From the looks of your picts I expect your waterpump is ok internal but has some serious external leak issues . If it is an internal leak the oil will be contaminated and oil filter will be wavy or crushed

Oil pump filter inspection is definitely on my "next to do" list. I'm in no particular rush and because of the heat I am just taking things slow. Your point is well taken, that's why I haven't ordered a new pump kit yet. But it is hard to tell exactly what the problem is, until I get a few more things taken off. And, as I take things off, it will likely necessitate a few new gaskets. Process: 1) disassemble/assess, 2) inventory, 3) order, 4) install.

I probably ought to start a separate thread to take this discussion off of the BBQ Lunch Thread.

Once you go with AC in your garage, you can never go back...

I forgot to mention this at lunch but the Luckenbach Harvest Classic is October 18 & 19th. I know the group from Clear Lake has a few going again this year and I thought I would open it up a little to see if there was any more interest. I have reserved some rooms at the River Inn Resort for half price. I plan to stay for three nights, arrive on the 17th and leave on the 20th. Just call the River Inn and make your reservation using my name, Joe Fink. The rate should be half the price of the going winter rate for whatever you select. If not, let me know.

Had a good time the food and the company was great. I got Bigkev on some more gravel
On the way back. He’s going to put knobbies on that RT.

e92636a87ff3e776f4684f91f5b1d4cd.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Good lunch group today.

I forgot to mention this at lunch but the Luckenbach Harvest Classic is October 18 & 19th. I know the group from Clear Lake has a few going again this year and I thought I would open it up a little to see if there was any more interest. I have reserved some rooms at the River Inn Resort for half price. I plan to stay for three nights, arrive on the 17th and leave on the 20th. Just call the River Inn and make your reservation using my name, Joe Fink. The rate should be half the price of the going winter rate for whatever you select. If not, let me know.

Reservations made. Thanks Joe!

So we will be on the far side of the property from you and Roger because I wanted a two room unit so Beth and the kids could come with me. They did not have any left over by your room. $215 for the 17th through 20th. :thumb:

Had a good time the food and the company was great. I got Bigkev on some more gravel
On the way back. He’s going to put knobbies on that RT.

View attachment 239739

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

What Joe isn’t telling everyone is that I was so slow that he had time to put his bike on its side stand, drink a drink, take a pee, leisurely remove his cell phone and snap 25-50 pics of me coming down that road. I miss my old 250 and 800 with knobbies on them.

Great company at lunch today. Good meeting you guys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This Friday’s temps aren’t looking too bad. Anyone up for lunch at Mallet Bros in Iola at 11:00?

Ohhh.... I might try to make this if I can!

I just had lunch there Saturday a week ago with Daniel while we were out riding. They have great burgers and chopped beef sandwhiches!

That’s a possible , if I get my bike unloaded out of the trailer by then . Been a couple months since I had decent BBQ , that’s way too long .

Dang, sounds like fun but I can't make this one. Promised a friend I would fix his computer. Y'all enjoy!

Back