• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Weekly Piney Woods BBQ lunch

jhansen

Forum Supporter
First Name
Jeff
Last Name
Hansen
I’m home and would like to get out. I’ll keep an eye on this. I don’t mind riding in the rain but hate starting out in it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Covers Brisket Love BBQ & Icehouse and Bodacious BBQ near Lindale, both good places. But too many gray circles for closed places.

This being a holiday weekend many folks may have plans. Heck, I don't even know for sure what might unfold for me as one friend is beckoning that I venture out to Kerrville at some point over the weekend. (not that I would recommend riding that area's fabulous roads unless you enjoy holiday weekend parade rides)

However, in the interest of anyone looking for a Friday lunch destination to commemorate this particular holiday through the name of the city where it is located, I offer up:

Lueckemeyer Independence General Store
Independence, Texas
979-836-4211

Replete with a shade tree, lunch, and country charm.

Need to call to verify current policies and operations ( that is, are they serving lunch? ) as I don't Facebook and that seems to be the store's only presence on the interwebz.

EDIT: have verified that they are cooking lunch daily from 11:00 - 1:00.

Last edited:
This being a holiday weekend many folks may have plans. Heck, I don't even know for sure what might unfold for me as one friend is beckoning that I venture out to Kerrville at some point over the weekend. (not that I would recommend riding that area's fabulous roads unless you enjoy holiday weekend parade rides)

However, in the interest of anyone looking for a Friday lunch destination to commemorate this particular holiday through the name of the city where it is located, I offer up:

Lueckemeyer Independence General Store
Independence, Texas
979-836-4211

Replete with a shade tree, lunch, and country charm.

Need to call to verify current policies and operations ( that is, are they serving lunch? ) as I don't Facebook and that seems to be the store's only presence on the interwebz.

EDIT: have verified that they are cooking lunch daily from 11:00 - 1:00.
I happen to be off on Friday due to the holiday. I've been there several times but never had their food. I might just brave the heat.

jfink

Forum Supporter
First Name
Joe
Last Name
Fink
Thinking about it. So, I had fish for dinner tonight, to leave room for a big lunch tomorrow.
DrJTx3BTaVeU7VITU3WKBmfiCQ=w477-h635-no?authuser=0.jpg