• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Weekly Joe Fink Memorial BBQ lunch

:clap:
Valdzino%C5%A1a-Caliby-ka%C4%B7%C4%93ni-jautr%C4%ABba-63.jpg

_

I was planning to go along on this one, but my son from CA showed up in town. Guess I won't make it after all. Sure used to be fun when I could go on a ride anytime I chose to. Seems like lately I'm talking about riding a whole lot more than I'm doing any riding.
Think I feel a New Years riding resolution coming!

Some how i tweaked my back and the dang thing aint co- operating at all with my meds this moring ... Also Steve did call him and his wife are out . Yall have safe journeys i dont have to say it but i will Wish me luck at 55 my old employer and several others with many decades of exp were released this week .Merry Christmas all be be well loyality mean zero anymore i mean that.

Guess it's me and Silverbullett?? Maybe Rsquared?

Guess I'm getting soft that 220 miles in 35 degree temp is hard on a Brotha
maybe next week you guys have fun.

Jokes aside I do realize that all people are not wired the same and acclimated to handle the extremes. Heck I even put my jacket liner in and brought my handlebar mitts out of hibernation last night. They don't do wonders but they do help some. Super easy to install, fit and look good and not so obtrusive like the Hippo Hands. I also have heated grips in a box and plan to install them in the coming week before heading out on my long holiday travels. No scheduled down time due to weather this winter.

http://www.obradvgear.com/index.php/products/enduro-grip-mitt

They sell on eBay as well.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/OBR-ADV-Gear-Enduro-3-4-Grip-Mitts-Handle-Bar-Covers-Dual-Sport-Luggage-/272479516054?hash=item3f710b7596:g:dLkAAOSwCM5XPx0v

Attachments

• IMG_5524_780_585_90.jpg
    IMG_5524_780_585_90.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 147
  • IMG_5522_780_585_90.jpg
    IMG_5522_780_585_90.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 154
Guess it's me and Silverbullett?? Maybe Rsquared?

Yes I'm still in. Heading out within the hour for an extended ride before and after. Need to get my first chill on for the season. Will be my last BBQ lunch of the year also.

_

Sorry I missed. Went to breakfast today with a bunch of HPD riders, down in Katy. Only THEY didn't ride. :doh: Started out at 34f, my favorite riding weather. Hope to make the next few.

Even the KTM knew better.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1481336042359.jpg
    FB_IMG_1481336042359.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 158
It was cold. Going home I took a slower route so stayed warmer even with riding 2 hours after dark. Late getting back as had a delay on FM3090 as I helped another biker get his bike back on the road. He took a high speed spill, slid for ~50 ft and ended up in a drainage ditch with 2 ft of water. Remarkably he wasn't hurt as wearing full leathers and race gear, even neck support integrated into leathers. Expensive bike, BMW S1000RR, was rashed bad from head to toe, lots of damage but it started and he made it home to Katy cold and wet.

_

Wow, last time through there saw a Harley Davidson in ditch. EMS was there, don't think he was that lucky.

Glad you all got out today. Every time I thought about how you guys were out riding and I started wishing I could have made it too, I would spend a few minutes "refreshing" myself outdoors. That mostly cured my yearnings to be on the street bike. But the temps were about perfect for a good spirited dirt ride. Too bad the forest is still so wet.

Anyone wanting to meet for bbq, I'll be in Post, Tx waiting!

If I had a KTM instead of a 15 year old KX250 I would have got invited to this ride

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No lunch scheduled yesterday, but Pkiser and I found each other Christmas shopping, even at the correct time! Great minds think alike!

Merry Christmas old retired guys, maybe we'll have some lunch runs next year!

Back