• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Weekly Joe Fink Memorial BBQ lunch

I'd swear it has been raining for 40 days and 40 nights around here. We've not been seeing much sunshine since the end of August. Everyday around 3-4 pm we've been getting storms that drop anywhere from 1/2" to an 1". Of course, the whole time we been trying to have the garage renovated and the roof on the house redone... It's getting there, slowly but surely. The roofers backed their trailer up to the side of the house right there by the garage... The trailer sank about 10" deep... There are several places where they just trashed the yard. The roof looks great, but I am not real happy about the yard. I'll definitely have to get out a shovel and do some serious repair work.

Dad has been doing physical therapy several times a week. I think he has it tomorrow at 11:00am. So I can't skip out in the morning and come to work late. I could REALLY use a ride though...

Sounds like a plan, possible evening showers tomorrow, bit I have the day off and could use a ride. :sun:

Since I haven't worked more than 5 days since middle of June , slightly under 5,000 miles on my truck , 170 on the new bicycle , I think around 750 on the dirt bike and I really don't know how many on two street bikes and actually have some paying work I can do tomorrow I probly should tend to it . Otherwise I'd be in for BBQ .

Sounds like a plan, possible evening showers tomorrow, bit I have the day off and could use a ride. :sun:

We had 4 show today. CJ's has become my favorite local BBQ.

James, how's the back? I'll let you share your story if you choose to.:mrgreen:

We had 4 show today. CJ's has become my favorite local BBQ.

James, how's the back? I'll let you share your story if you choose to.:mrgreen:

Thanks for asking, I think I sprained it trying to yank the GS up on to the center stand that resulted in me and the bike taking a dive yo the parking lot. :giveup:

Took some meds and rested the rest of the evening and it seems better this morning. Sounds like it will need to give the back a couple of weeks before I need a doctor to look at my back.

The moral of the story is if it won't get on the center stand easily there is sorting causing it, so don't force it. In my case the asphalt has a 3 to 4 inch dip where my rear tire was.

JC

...The moral of the story is if it won't get on the center stand easily there is sorting causing it, so don't force it. In my case the asphalt has a 3 to 4 inch dip where my rear tire was.

I agree. 2 years ago riding the COBDR I stopped at a rest area. There was a large group 20+ from Europe riding Harley's with support/chase of trucks and enclosed trailers. I went to put the fully loaded for camping Tenere on the centerstand and it was very difficult. Took every inch of strength I had to do it but wasn't going to let all those Harley riders see me fail. Turns out the bike was in gear. Duuh!

_

The weather's looking promising for tomorrow, anybody up for lunch?

I could use a good ride. Where do you have in mind? Depending on location i might be interested

Very tempted and depending on how work goes tomorrow morning i might still take off and go. I am up for anything in the Lufkin, Shreveport and Texarkana areas almost any time. I almost always have a reason to head to those areas. Iola is just alittle too far west for me to do without taking the majority of the day off. I'll let you know first thing in the morning how the day is shaping up though.

Sorry, can't make it. The weather sounds perfect, but I have company tomorrow.

Well I haave a guy out sick this morning. Most likely just wants a 3 day weekend but what ever. I came prepared though. Maybe next time.

I am just now seeing your post. Looks like a fun ride. I am off every other Friday and am at NTB retiring my truck today.

I am just now seeing your post. Looks like a fun ride. I am off every other Friday and am at NTB retiring my truck today.

It's been way too long Ted. You should definitely join us on the next one.

As pretty as it is outside right now, I sure hope you went, even if you were the only one to show up!

As pretty as it is outside right now, I sure hope you went, even if you were the only one to show up!

Well it was a street ride after all, and it looked like no one was going so I decided to go for a run instead. Since retiring, I sure don't ride nearly as much as I thought I would...

I ride too much till this stomach junk. Haven't left house since Tuesday. Wish I couild have met you today.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Believe he said 11 last week, so that or 1130, just beat locals. Food is good.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Back