• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Weekly Joe Fink Memorial BBQ lunch

Temps look good for tomorrow, 11-30-18. Slight chance of rain. I'll
see what it looks like in the morning. If ok, think I'll go back to CJ's in College Station at 11. I like that place!

For the guys who have been to CJ with us, Phil and I were talking, not sure how to take the owner. Not sure if he wants us there or not.
Any thoughts? Phil and I being too sensitive, lol.

I got the impression he enjoyed having us, but wanted us to take up fewer parking spots to make room for cagers. I did not see that request as unreasonable. Before I left last time, he told the girl behind the counter to throw in some extra stuff for me at no cost. That's not exactly something he'd do if he was wanting to get rid of us :shrug: (It was GOOD).

For the guys who have been to CJ with us, Phil and I were talking, not sure how to take the owner. Not sure if he wants us there or not. Any thoughts? Phil and I being too sensitive, lol.

Interesting ... I am not sure if something was said today? But like Scott, I thought he was glad to see us, the last time we were there.

Too touchy I guess, sometimes it's hard to tell if somebody is kidding or trying to give a hint!

Not exactly bbq weather , sadly.

Attachments

• crop-960x540-000.jpg
    crop-960x540-000.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 191
Tomorrows forecast looks bleak, high of 47 and rain in the morning. But, today's high is expected to be 67 with a slight chance of rain. Anyone up for a HopDoddy Burger?

I live in that neighborhood , so far everything I tried over there has been dissapointing enough that it's a one time trip . Haven't been to that one but I tend to go to places I can get a meal , not snacks . There was a pizza place on the north side of loueta a few years back that I stopped at a few times but it something else now. I do frequent Rib Masters in tomball regularly , probly the best loaded backed potato I ever had , just make sure you have room for a go box . I was pleasantly surprised when they replaced the dickeys that had been there , dickeys started out good but had a personal change and really went downhill overnite .

Tomorrows forecast looks bleak, high of 47 and rain in the morning. But, today's high is expected to be 67 with a slight chance of rain. Anyone up for a HopDoddy Burger?

Call me wimp but I try not to ride south of 105 unless absolutely necessary! :giveup: I just as soon not go south of FM 1097 but sometimes have to go to Cycle Shack. Headed there in a few, picking the 1200 up, no bites

Call me wimp but I try not to ride south of 105 unless absolutely necessary! :giveup: I just as soon not go south of FM 1097 but sometimes have to go to Cycle Shack. Headed there in a few, picking the 1200 up, no bites

Understood. I am a big fan of reciprocity. I know Roger rides out of Tomball all the time. I know he doesn't have much choice, but every now and then ya got to throw some the other way. There are a couple roads I really like to ride in that direction. Of course the forest road all the way down to Pinedale and Honea-Egypt.

When you heading to Cycle Shack? I could meet you over there.

Soon, trying to get wife unit stirring to take me down, lol. Be there between 915 and 930 imagine.

"Understood. I am a big fan of reciprocity. I know Roger rides out of Tomball all the time",
I think of it as giving Roger excuse to get out of that mess, lol.

"Understood. I am a big fan of reciprocity. I know Roger rides out of Tomball all the time",
I think of it as giving Roger excuse to get out of that mess, lol.

Only problem is you have to go through the mess to get out of the mess. That's what keeps me from joining sometimes. Once I ride out of the mess I tend to stay away for many days/weeks. After 9 pm and before 5 am is my typical departure and arrival time window.

Last edited:
I was just razzing y'all about eating in Tomball since the weather is suppose to be so bad tomorrow.

Maybe we should just try and pick a pretty day during the week to meet for lunch, unless Friday's are the only day some folks can make it.

I was just razzing y'all about eating in Tomball since the weather is suppose to be so bad tomorrow.

Maybe we should just try and pick a pretty day during the week to meet for lunch, unless Friday's are the only day some folks can make it.

Sounds good. I can wait.

The whole point in riding , get away from the city .

I hunted on a deer lease on Hoane Egypt a few years back , when it had one lane wooden bridges that were often compleatly under water , fun times . There's a high falutin neighborhood where we used to chase Bambi now and a whole bunch of idiots that can't drive in their lane the last time I was on it 5 or 6 years ago .

The whole point in riding , get away from the city .

I hunted on a deer lease on Hoane Egypt a few years back , when it had one lane wooden bridges that were often compleatly under water , fun times . There's a high falutin neighborhood where we used to chase Bambi now and a whole bunch of idiots that can't drive in their lane the last time I was on it 5 or 6 years ago .

I hear what you guys are saying. Some folks like to stop and smell the roses, others like to run over the roses. Me, I know I'm in the very small minority, but I have no problem with running through the city. And the SuperDuke is the perfect tool for that.

I use to ride up from Willowbrook mall on my bicycle. There was a little grease monkey of a Texaco station at 1488 and then on to Honea-Egypt. There was no Fish Creek Parkway. No huge high falutin neighborhoods. Now, I still enjoy that road, only on the SD. Find it on a slow day, and it is still a hoot.

What I don't like, no matter where they are, are long straight, nothing to do roads, where all you are doing is burning up tire tread. West on 105 towards Brenham or some of the roads north of 30 up near Iola. There are plenty of those type roads out in the country.

As they say, different strokes ...

I used to ride up to Yankees a lot for a burger , back roads all the way then gravel roads from 362 and 105 . I still get up there a couple times a year . Just don't ride much here anymore . After spending 5 weeks in northwest Colorado and Wyoming it's a little tough getting excited about gearing up and riding around home . I do need a murpyhs fix though , it's been too long .

I knew I would not be able to make it today and I just happened to be having dinner at CJs BBQ last night with Beth and the kids, so.... I have ribs in the fridge for lunch! :eat:

I knew I would not be able to make it today and I just happened to be having dinner at CJs BBQ last night with Beth and the kids, so.... I have ribs in the fridge for lunch! :eat:

There was lunch today??? :shrug: I must not be part of "the crowd" anymore. :tears:

There was lunch today??? :shrug: I must not be part of "the crowd" anymore. :tears:

I dunno. I quit paying attention when I knew I was not going to be able to go regardless of where they went (if they went). So relax, you are still one of the "cool" kids ;-)

Back