• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

WeeStrom Coolant?

Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Shelfer
Hey guys - Tomorrow I'm going to be running down a hose leak in my 2012 DL650 Wee. It's possible I'll need to top the coolant which - believe it or not - I've never had to do. No judging, please; Frank (Monkey Wrench) flushed the system for me when I had the valves adjusted.

Anyhoo, what kind of coolant (and I'm assuming a premix) can I put in the Wee's system? I haven't yet located a MC parts shop in the Denver area, so I'm looking for something equivalent I can buy at O'Reilly's or Autozone.

There are 3 different Asian types of coolant. One is blue..one is red ...one is green so jus check the color in your bike. (I think its blue)
Most auto parts places have them all since cars use it too (blue Nissan Infinity Honda Acura Subaru Suzuki... red Toyota Lexus Scion...green Hyundai Kia Mazda) but..there are some exceptions that a detailed usage chart will show

Last edited:
Hey guys - Tomorrow I'm going to be running down a hose leak in my 2012 DL650 Wee. It's possible I'll need to top the coolant which - believe it or not - I've never had to do. No judging, please; Frank (Monkey Wrench) flushed the system for me when I had the valves adjusted.

Anyhoo, what kind of coolant (and I'm assuming a premix) can I put in the Wee's system? I haven't yet located a MC parts shop in the Denver area, so I'm looking for something equivalent I can buy at O'Reilly's or Autozone.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    234.6 KB · Views: 120
Got it done today. Bought a gallon of Zerex Asian blue at O'Reilly's. Pricey stuff - $20 for a gallon - but it's the only brand they had. Never found for sure where the leak was, but we tightened all the hoses as a precaution, refilled the overflow, & put the bike back together. Just took a test run & nothing seems to be oozing out from anywhere, so hopefully, it's fixed.

And I have about 3.85 quarts of Asian blue antifreeze left over.

There are 3 different Asian types of coolant. One is blue..one is red ...one is green so jus check the color in your bike. (I think its blue)
Most auto parts places have them all since cars use it too (blue Nissan Infinity Honda Acura Subaru Suzuki... red Toyota Lexus Scion...green Hyundai Kia Mazda) but..there are some exceptions that a detailed usage chart will show
Yup. Running the blue Asian type in mine. I believe it is Xerex, picked up at Oreilly. Did a ton of research, and honestly was overthinking it. I did stumble upon the manufacturer of the Suzuki branded stuff and found that they also made the oem stuff for Subaru.

You know if you drain flush, then refill you can pick your coolant. I always used factory Suzuki coolant (comes in liter bottles) or Maxima (also liter bottles) both of which are sold everywhere and online. Watch the drain line off of the water pump tell tale it will drip or weep if you have seal issue. I prefer motorcycle specific coolant as you are less likely to make gel in the coolant system. Plus if you use OEM or Maxima it is pretty easy to replace and there are no issues. For accuracy sake, I have used Motul and Motorex coolant in my KTMs, also water wetter and water as well. But generally I use the Maxima these days. I have like a couple of gallons on hand most of the time. On a strom if you got to the coolant take, it is a short walk to a coolant change. Might as well check those valves while you are in there....

IMG_2705.JPG

IMG_2606.JPG

You know if you drain flush, then refill you can pick your coolant. I always used factory Suzuki coolant (comes in liter bottles) or Maxima (also liter bottles) both of which are sold everywhere and online. Watch the drain line off of the water pump tell tale it will drip or weep if you have seal issue. I prefer motorcycle specific coolant as you are less likely to make gel in the coolant system. Plus if you use OEM or Maxima it is pretty easy to replace and there are no issues. For accuracy sake, I have used Motul and Motorex coolant in my KTMs, also water wetter and water as well. But generally I use the Maxima these days. I have like a couple of gallons on hand most of the time. On a strom if you got to the coolant take, it is a short walk to a coolant change. Might as well check those valves while you are in there....

View attachment 286777

View attachment 286778
Sorta looks familiar šŸ˜

I don't know about late models and wees, but it is always an adventure to add coolant, seems Suzuki really didn't have a good plan for that one.

Back