• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Welcomed Home a New 48 Year Old Baby

I'll definitely be looking for a set but even reproductions are $1500. Pristine OEM ones are made of unobtainium.

Here's and example: OUCH!
That's crazy money. You see them for sale occasionally. Think I saw some at Harvest Classic swap meet a few years ago.

The 750 was the motorcycle I used to think I could pass with my Titan 500 Suzuki. So wrong. Later I owned a slightly chopped 1970 CB750, bought for $500 because of an engine misfire, which turned out to be a battery ground was loose. Then I scored a mint, low mile yellow 1976 F, and a CB550 that I rebuilt over the years. They were all amazing touring bikes in their day. It was hard to decide what bike to ride sometimes, as there was also an R90/6 in the garage that usually won when a lot of miles were going to be put on. One year I was the last vehicle to cross Tioga pass in Yosemite in October before it was shut down for the winter. I had to beg them to let me through. I was on the 1976F and had a pretty bald back tire and it was snowing pretty hard. I did not even know about good riding gear back then. I ended up having an epic tour out to Death Valley, and back around through Reno on I-80 a few days later.

I really like to see other folks investing their time and money in these old bikes. Makes me feel better about my '74 750K and '78 750F Super Sport. Both of my bike are riders not collector/museum pieces. $4K for exhaust (and that does not include heat shields or mounting brackets) is crazy for a bike that is only worth $4-5K in today's market.

So, my suggestion (FWIW), leave the pipes on it and enjoy the smiles per mile this ol' bike has to offer. Everywhere you ride it someone will mention "my first bike was a CB750, or when I was a kid my neighbor had one of these, or this is the bike I dreamed of having when I was a kid."

Enjoy...

I really like to see other folks investing their time and money in these old bikes. Makes me feel better about my '74 750K and '78 750F Super Sport. Both of my bike are riders not collector/museum pieces. $4K for exhaust (and that does not include heat shields or mounting brackets) is crazy for a bike that is only worth $4-5K in today's market.

So, my suggestion (FWIW), leave the pipes on it and enjoy the smiles per mile this ol' bike has to offer. Everywhere you ride it someone will mention "my first bike was a CB750, or when I was a kid my neighbor had one of these, or this is the bike I dreamed of having when I was a kid."

Enjoy...
Post a pic of the 78 supersport. I had a burgundy one in '81

Back