• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

West Houston DS Riders

Is it goin to be too wet to run the Belleville Area 180 this weekend?
I’ve got about 1.5 hours of dirt experience. :help: Only had an adventure bike for 2 weeks.

Let's see how much rain we get over the next couple of days....
What routes other than the bellville 180 should be considered near Houston? I’m trying to build a decent portfolio and the only ones other than hill Country routes are Bellville and Cheeseburger loop.
Also, my friend that I ride with is from Katy. If I remember right, that’s your neck of the woods. Easy meet up.

What routes other than the bellville 180 should be considered near Houston? I’m trying to build a decent portfolio and the only ones other than hill Country routes are Bellville and Cheeseburger loop.
Also, my friend that I ride with is from Katy. If I remember right, that’s your neck of the woods. Easy meet up.
Actually im In Sienna right next to you. Have done the routes you mentioned...gone out of the Katy area 3 times. Bellville Loop, Fayetteville Loop and just some misc roads.

Got this route from Mr. Clortho. @my6 and I did it a couple of weeks ago. Mix of dirt and pavement, but more pavement than dirt.

GPX viewer

Attachments

• Katy__150_mi_S._Colorado_River_Loop (1).gpx
    97.3 KB · Views: 175
If itdoesn’t rain to much, most of it can be done. I have a 280 mile loop in that area. It is best to do with more daylight. There is a lot of good non paved roads all around the area. There are couple of creek crossing as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There are couple of creek crossing as well.
This one of them?

If itdoesn’t rain to much, most of it can be done. I have a 280 mile loop in that area. It is best to do with more daylight. There is a lot of good non paved roads all around the area. There are couple of creek crossing as well.

Do you mind sharing the route?

I will get it off my base camp list and post it up tomorrow. I used to have it on my gps, but it got ruined on my Alaska trip this past June.

I can’t seem to find my other pic of the crossing I do. It is south of fayetville area

I should be back in the saddle soon. I can tie my own boots and everything, haha. I did a quick spin on the bike Sunday and everything worked out great, and then I got a friggen cold...sigh. At any rate, we are on the road to cooler weather and more riding my brothers!

I finally found a video editing software I like and will re-make my terrible video posted in this thread earlier.

Welp, it’s not gonna not be wet.
Haha! For real. That will be fine for the sandy, gravel roads....I don't want any parts of wet clay though!
As we map out roads we need to state composition. IE...
CR409-mainly gravel
CR410-gravel/dirt with patches of deep sand
CR411-dirt with large baby head rocks

....etc....that would be cool.

Looking at the way the radar has been, I think it'll be fine out west towards Bellville and Fayetteville. Not sure about the cheeseburger loop. I'd avoid the New Waverly too Groveton route as it gets really muddy and slick when wet.

Will! What's up dude! Forecast got the central Houston area being saturated through the weekend. @EETTU and myself would have to ride a good ways in the rain to get out that way. Will stay tuned though.

Depends on how hard it's coming down. Drizzle doesn't bother me too much. I just wish I didn't have so far to ride before getting to the good stuff. Might be time to get a trailer.

West of Houston "Richmond - Rosenberg" hasn't gotten that much rain, so far. As William said the roads around Bellville Fayettville should be fine. I was at that way last Friday and it had rained just enough to pack down the sand. Which made the dirt really fast. If anyone's wanting to get something together for a Saturday ride I'm in.

Will! What's up dude! Forecast got the central Houston area being saturated through the weekend. @EETTU and myself would have to ride a good ways in the rain to get out that way. Will stay tuned though.
I was just referring to road conditions given what it looks like the rain is doing. Weekend weather is a little too far out to say. I doubt trust the forecasters around here.

As for hauling a bike, I just use the bed of my pickup. Way easier than dealing with a trailer. Alternately, you could move further out of town!

Sun is out over here! Between Missouri City and Manvel area. Might see if I can get a few miles in before dark!

Back