• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

West Houston DS Riders

Inmates,

Thanks to everyone for posting up with interest. It is looking like we may be able to put together a pretty good group.

As I mentioned before, I have been putting together some gpx tracks in the west of Houston area. I have also gotten a little training on how to create them using www.furkot.com, exporting them to a gpx file and importing them into an application called OsmAnd. This is for android operating systems only and an off-line GPS and map application that has proved to be excellent. I was going to buy and expensive Garmin Montana, but this combination is working great for me. If I remember right, the combined cost for the two is something like $20 a year. If you are going to do this, PM me for tips because you have to import the gpx files to a specific location.

I am using a Samsung Active S7 phone as the primary device (it is my old one and isn't even hooked up to cell service) because it is shock and weather proof. I carry my primary phone (Samsung S10) as backup. If you have an i-phone, I believe there are similar apps out there like OsmAnd. Or, I am assume my gpx file output will work in
your gps units?

I am out of town this week but hope to have the first one firmed up early August for planning a day ride...

This one is already lay out I have the GPX file if you want I also have the file for the cheeseburger loop

Attachments

• 8DE06188-744C-4285-980B-97386027BD06.png
    8DE06188-744C-4285-980B-97386027BD06.png
    480.3 KB · Views: 267
Have done the Cheeseburger a couple of times. This West loop you guys are putting up looks interesting. Do any of you have some pictures or video of this route.

Me and @my6 are looking to get out this weekend upcoming. Anybody wanna join in? We could start putting a route together.

Put me down for a maybe. I may be tied up this weekend again traveling. I will update when I can.

You got my attention! 2018 KTM 500 EXC-F from Pasadena rider. If the ride leaves out from the West side is there any place to leave a truck & trailer so I don't have to fight the lunatics in Houston traffic to get there?

If we do something north, you can leave in the big parking lot behind McDonald's. Out west, not sure. Are you game for SHNF or out west? Trying to plan
Seems about 5 people are interested right now.

If we do something north, you can leave in the big parking lot behind McDonald's. Out west, not sure. Are you game for SHNF or out west? Trying to plan
Seems about 5 people are interested right now.
I'm always game for a ride! I go to the forest all the time with a friend but he's been out of commission for a while.

We are leaning towards the Fayetteville loop...taking votes on day.... @my6 is checking....I'm good with either

Well here's our weekend forecast for both days...

UV INDEXSUNRISESUNSETMOONRISEMOONSET
SAT

JUL 27
Scattered Thunderstorms92°76°40%ESE 8 mph64%
Extreme6:38 am8:18 pm2:21 am4:11 pm
Partly to mostly cloudy with a chance of thunderstorms. High 92F. Winds ESE at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 40%.

UV INDEXSUNRISESUNSETMOONRISEMOONSET
SUN

JUL 28
Scattered Thunderstorms92°77°40%SSE 8 mph64%
Extreme6:38 am8:17 pm3:05 am5:13 pm
Variable clouds with scattered thunderstorms. High 92F. Winds SSE at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 40%.
Somebody flip a coin...:coffee:

Back