• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

West Houston DS Riders

Finished the Cheeseburguer route today. Not the extended version. Was a long day, no stops but to drink water and pee. Really like the change of vegetation vs what we find around Austin.

I was alone so I was glad to only get that one Class 2 two track road in the state forest. It was pretty easy, good for adventure bikes. Great scenery.

I liked this spot to stop for a minute or two.

281C96AB-2725-4CDC-B28D-678C763B3EAF.jpeg

Finished the Cheeseburguer route today. Not the extended version. Was a long day, no stops but to drink water and pee. Really like the change of vegetation vs what we find around Austin.

I was alone so I was glad to only get that one Class 2 two track road in the state forest. It was pretty easy, good for adventure bikes. Great scenery.

I liked this spot to stop for a minute or two.

View attachment 282778
Road after Yankee's? Old power plant road.

Yep, didn't know the road number but the one I was referencing. Didn't know it looked that smooth, lol.

But real soon I'll be mounting proper tires! Not sure what yet, but anything will be improvement on the dirt.

Bone stock, taken this morning. It's now sporting some upgrades and missing a couple parts. Shock is on its way to be upgraded. Fork springs will follow it home. Waiting on more parts to arrive. It'll be 3 weeks or so, but I'll be back up and running with a nearly identical setup.
fae44d3f1c101ca31f5d7f0f0c524f85.jpg

Unfortunately, I'm not sure when my next ride will be. I have plenty of setup to do on the new bike, but more importantly my mom is in the hospital with covid. Hoping she'll be home in a few days, but I'll be busy taking care of her. When everything settles down I'll be back at it.
Hope your mom gets well soon Ian. Congrats on the new bike and look forward to going riding with you again when everything settles down again.

Bone stock, taken this morning. It's now sporting some upgrades and missing a couple parts. Shock is on its way to be upgraded. Fork springs will follow it home. Waiting on more parts to arrive. It'll be 3 weeks or so, but I'll be back up and running with a nearly identical setup.View attachment 282831
Wow, so this is showroom new 19'?
Was the previous one new or used?

Sunday looks like it’s going to be great weather. If anyone is interested in meeting up to ride let me know and we’ll get a route planned.

Back