• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

West Houston DS Riders

This is for you 690 guys wanting more storage space.
e93663325a213d76e86035fdf6932923.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Air compressor, tool kit and plug kit under the seat where the old air filter box was

Where is the abandoned bridge?

It is just west of Stephen F Austin state park. The floods took out a couple of chunks of road and the bridge was creaking and popping when we were on it. It was stable but probably not worthy of truck traffic anymore. There were dirt barriers cover the road to block traffic...challenge accepted.

I am spending this afternoon trying out a few video editing software programs, learning how to edit video, splicing, appending, etc... I plan on starting a Youtube channel, uploading them and sharing them here. This is all new to me, but I am making progress.

Here is a part of yesterday's ride. The audio is crap, and I plan on working it over, but for now, at least I figured out how to splice together the clips, started a Youtube station, processed it and uploaded it. I have a lot of learning to do.

It is just west of Stephen F Austin state park. The floods took out a couple of chunks of road and the bridge was creaking and popping when we were on it. It was stable but probably not worthy of truck traffic anymore. There were dirt barriers cover the road to block traffic...challenge accepted.
If it's the road with the back entrance to the park, we rode that. It's part of my Fayetteville route. They had added to the dirt piles since I was last out there. Made it a little more interesting than usual.

I use tube type tires. They all work fine. Did a Africa twin with shinko 705 front and rear. I had a Bridgestone set on my klr as well as cont. tkc 80. I gave the stock tire on front of my 690 for now, pirelli MT21 and a MT90AT on the rear

I use tube type tires. They all work fine. Did a Africa twin with shinko 705 front and rear. I had a Bridgestone set on my klr as well as cont. tkc 80. I gave the stock tire on front of my 690 for now, pirelli MT21 and a MT90AT on the rear

I know the 705 and TKC80 both come in tubeless varieties. I don't know about the others. Are they holding air long term? I was under the impression that the type tires would have issues holding air.

Tubeless is certainly easier to fix in case of a puncture, though I wouldn't know how to seat the bead. Is there a trick to it?

They hold air just fine. No problem seating them up either. Now granted I have only had them on my 690 for s week, but the are holding just fine. Rode mix terrain yesterday about 150 miles and now problem. On my klr I put about 9000 miles on the the rims I made tubeless. Ride hill country, water crossing and sell with no issues at all. My buds AT had about 7000 miles on it with the outex set up. He sold the bike, but it did good as well. You will notice a change in pressure when temp changes, that is common. I highly recommend doing this to your wheels. Again it is all the the preparation of the wheel, it had to be very clean and dry before taping the wheel.

They hold air just fine. No problem seating them up either. Now granted I have only had them on my 690 for s week, but the are holding just fine. Rode mix terrain yesterday about 150 miles and now problem. On my klr I put about 9000 miles on the the rims I made tubeless. Ride hill country, water crossing and sell with no issues at all. My buds AT had about 7000 miles on it with the outex set up. He sold the bike, but it did good as well. You will notice a change in pressure when temp changes, that is common. I highly recommend doing this to your wheels. Again it is all the the preparation of the wheel, it had to be very clean and dry before taping the wheel.

I got the tape off of amazon, as well as the silicone I used. Had the stuff on 2 days. You just need to know what width you will need. I took my wheels off the bike and tires too to measure spoke recess area of the rim. 1” worked great on 690 and klr front wheel. I used 2” on the rear of 690 and trimmed the excess off after taping the wheel.

The pic says it all....

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
Thank you sir...

Last edited:
There is good reason for that section of road being closed. Last time I went by there I stopped for a scenic look and noticed that the creek had washed out the dirt from beneath much of the road so quite a bit of the road is not supported. I would recommend finding an alternate route.

There are several ways to get around it, most are unpaved roads and will get you to the other side of bridge. You will end up back on Peters San Felipe road.

Yes I was on that road on Sunday, an yes there was a lot of the underside of road washed out from creek.

I am trying to ride the weekend after next, at least some. I am working on a new track that hugs the Colorado River south of I-10.

It looks like I have other obligations for a few weeks...and it is over 100 degrees...and I am fat...so no...not riding for a bit :mrgreen: :giveup:

I've been sticking to indoor activities as a result of the heat. Both riding and the rifle range have been high on the to do list, but not with this heat!

Reactions: my6
I gave been riding back and forth to work, and on weekends. I will be out of town this weekend, but plan on riding the next.[emoji41]

I gave been riding back and forth to work, and on weekends. I will be out of town this weekend, but plan on riding the next.[emoji41]

Keep us posted, I'll get out.....I ain't scared of no inferno, solar scale, tire melting heat!🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🏍️

Reactions: my6
Back