• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

West Houston DS Riders

If we can plan a ride where we can "chase the shade" and take a couple of cold water breaks I might be in. 😉

If we can plan a ride where we can "chase the shade" and take a couple of cold water breaks I might be in. 😉
That area around Kelly's pond seemed ok...also I'm going to map out from there to the Marina on the other side of 45....the road I went down after we split was well shaded. We can stop as much as you want. You know I prefer to keep stopping anyway...I'ma slow poke.🐌

When I stop I want to be either uploading or downloading water.🙊

I am trying to recover some routes I had on my gps. It crashed on me while riding in Alaska back on June. I had a loop I called the shaded route. It was just under 200 miles around bellville, Chappell Hill and surrounding area. It was mostly shaded, hence the shaded route.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ha! Sometimes I roll the dice and ride my scoot to work in the Houston Med Center. I've found the most "shaded" route. Bumper to bumper sucks, it sucks worse in the sun.😓

I have a short commute to work, 12 miles with a short off road short cut I use sometimes. Live in Katy, my shop is in Richmond area.

Spring Branch to the Med via Memorial to Greenbriar(freshly resurfaced) to Holcombe. Greenbriar is like riding in a tunnel with all the trees. :rider:

Alright gents!!! Let's get out tomorrow!!! Who wants to ride? Throw out some routes/ideas.....

I would, in Florida with 3 of my grandkids now. I will be ready on the following weekend though.

I certainly hope it does not!!! @my6 and I had a good ride last weekend. I think I posted it in the Day rides thread. Wasn't sure if I should have cross posted.
Unless I have a Friday off to go to the lunch meet (general upcoming rides), I don't look at any other section of the forum besides this one.

The 100+ degree weather has chased me off the bike. Soon brother, soon I hope.

I'm fixing to get wet riding home. My mom's car wouldn't start this morning so I sent her off in my truck. I brought my rain gear, but we all know how well that stuff usually works!

Anyone riding tomorrow. I am going to do a loop around bellville area. Starts in San Felipe and ends in Sealy area. About a 180 mile loop. If anyone is interested post up and I will set a time to meet up. PS it is a mix of unpaved and paved county roads

Hambone
I am going to try to make it.
Please post up the meet up place and time.
PM me your phone number in case I can not make it.
thanks

Hey I might be game as well...lmk what time y'all thinking bout meeting up. Also if you have the route can u post or DM

San Felipe de Austin State Historic Site
220 2nd St, San Felipe, TX 77473
(979) 885-2181
Meet up at 8:45. Kick stands up at 9. Sorry I would have met up earlier, had a couple of guys that could not meet up till 8 at my house. I live in Katy. I will try later to get route loaded on TWT

NVM...went back...looks like a 690...are the other riders on dual sport as well? Don't wanna slow y'all down in dirt.

I do not leave anyone behind. I ride a 690 and a 1290. Danny boy is right, come and enjoy and if you trail behind we will wait for you. I just got back home and will see if I can load Fox gold now[emoji1787]

Back