• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

West Houston DS Riders

Practice the 50 to 100 foot rule!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mr. @hambone334, thank you for the good looking route. I was looking at your tracks and I had a couple questions.

1) on FM 1371 north of Bellville, looks like you wanted Eberly Ranch Road but may be it's private, and you turned around. Is it important to do that?
IIuDC8TJbIMXjwxz8PmB2MCmBzBeZO5nOAUY4=w636-h567-no.jpg

2) North of Cat Springs, it looks like you had the route go north on Swearingen Rd and come back south on Schafner Rd. Is it important to do it that way? Seems better to do the opposite.
nHnC8m_Af7o7s1HFbJQOeXrXn7aKGlk9C3vyQ=w644-h561-no.jpg

I have stepped out of bounds and made those changes, and added Whataburger as the start / end. .gdb AND .gpx attached. No offense intended.

GPX viewer

Attachments

• 2020Bellville.gdb
    110 KB · Views: 162
  • 2020Bellville.gpx
    229.4 KB · Views: 188
What about this part?:

iii)All persons may leave their residences only for Essential Activities, or to provide or
perform Essential Governmental Functions, or to operate Essential Businesses, all as
defined in SECTION 4; and

What about this part?:

iii)All persons may leave their residences only for Essential Activities, or to provide or
perform Essential Governmental Functions, or to operate Essential Businesses, all as
defined in SECTION 4; and
I pasted in the wrong section, I've updated it. Also pasting it here. Bold part being key for us.

SECTION 4. Definitions:
(A) For purposes of this Order, provided measures are taken to comply with the necessary
precautions to reduce the transmission of COVID-19, including the practice of Social
Distancing of at least six feet and other measures in accordance with current CDC
guidelines, individuals may leave their residence only to perform any of the following
"Essential Activities" and to receive such goods and/or services from Essential Businesses
as defined below:
(i) To engage in activities or perform tasks essential to their health and safety, or to
the health and safety of their family or household members (for example, obtaining
medical supplies or medication, visiting a health care professional, or obtaining
supplies need to work from home); and
(ii) To obtain necessary services or supplies for themselves and their family or
household members, or to deliver those services or supplies to others (for example,
food, pet supply, and any other household consumer products, and products
necessary to maintain the safety, sanitation, and essential operation of residences;
and
(iii) To engage in outdoor activity, (for example, walking, biking, hiking, or running).
Individuals may go to public parks and open outdoor recreation areas. However,
playgrounds may increase spread of COVID-19, and therefore shall be closed; and

(iv) To perform work providing essential products and services at an Essential Business
or to otherwise carry out activities specifically permitted in this Order; and
(v) To care for a family member or pet in another household.

No I would love to. I have a Triumph TR 4
Motor to finish up tomorrow. I have a 01 Kx 125 cylinder to sleeve tomorrow as well. Thursday I have a Ford 200 6 cylinder motor to finish up. Friday I have a MGB 1800 motor to finish up. That is as long as I get all my parts. I am waiting on Husky parts for a 2011 610 to.

In the mix of all that I have a 350 Chevy and a mahindra tractor block. Kind a busy for crazy times!

Woo
No I would love to. I have a Triumph TR 4
Motor to finish up tomorrow. I have a 01 Kx 125 cylinder to sleeve tomorrow as well. Thursday I have a Ford 200 6 cylinder motor to finish up. Friday I have a MGB 1800 motor to finish up. That is as long as I get all my parts. I am waiting on Husky parts for a 2011 610 to.

Woot! Somebody is busy busy!

Not to mention the mid 50’s triumph 350 head and cylinder. Just finished a 1974 MT 250 Honda motor, also a 1974 Honda 250 Elsinore. The old stuff still comes in! Oh I almost forgot the Hodaka super combat wombat cylinder I finished up.

(iii) To engage in outdoor activity, (for example, walking, biking, hiking, or running).

how can this be interpreted any other way than what y'all are actually planning to do? Biking, do they mean bicycling? They would have said bicycling if they meant bicycling only.

Curious if anyone is planning to ride a smaller plated bike like KTM 450 etc? How much pavement? I would truck it to Whataburger and unload.

Curious if anyone is planning to ride a smaller plated bike like KTM 450 etc? How much pavement? I would truck it to Whataburger and unload.
I’ll be on a KTM 690, Jfink will be on a 990, and Synthlegand will be on a 790 I think.
Orange gang.

I did half the loop a couple months ago. It was almost all dirt. @hambone334 can tell you better though.

So let me get this straight. Y'all are planning a ride tomorrow in defiance of the first amendment violating shelter in place orders. Does that make y'all a bunch of outlaw one percenters. Well count me in or would that be half percenters. Either way sounds like fun. Hodee I'll be on a DRZ400 so we'll cover the small bike range.

how can this be interpreted any other way than what y'all are actually planning to do? Biking, do they mean bicycling? They would have said bicycling if they meant bicycling only.
You may be right but I doubt it, pretty sure "bike" to them means bicycle. For the general public most of the time they don't even think about motorcycles.

You may be right but I doubt it, pretty sure "bike" to them means bicycle. For the general public most of the time they don't even think about motorcycles.
We should be able to ride our motorcycles for getting to a park to do outdoor exercise. The difficulty I see is that the rules above apply to Harris County only.

Obviously it'll be up to the discretion of the officer like always. You can have your day in court later and probably win, but on the street it's always up to the officer. Always, lol. The question is, is it worth the hassle? Heck, an over zealous officer might take you in, then you're really exposed to the virus. I don't know.

Obviously it'll be up to the discretion of the officer like always. You can have your day in court later and probably win, but on the street it's always up to the officer. Always, lol. The question is, is it worth the hassle? Heck, an over zealous officer might take you in, then you're really exposed to the virus. I don't know.

I agree Rob, discretion is key. It's like drive on the right, pass on the left or yield when entering the freeway. How many tickets have you seen issued for those violations. Be reasonable, sensible and don't over react if stopped. Hopefully, everyone who participates in this (or any) ride recognizes the risks and will act accordingly. If, by chance, we are stopped and arrested, my free phone call, would be to you! ;-)

My stepdad went out for a ride yesterday. Harris, Fort Bend, and Galveston counties. No trouble. There's still plenty of people out around here. Impossible to say who's doing what without stopping them all, and the popo doesn't have the manpower for that.

As for that exemption in the Harris county order (and the near identical section in the Fort Bend order), I know biking to them means bicycles. The key part is that those are examples, not an all inclusive list. The actual requirement is outdoor activity that includes social distancing. Motorcycling meets that definition. I'll be riding, though I usually get out of those counties as quickly as possible. The good riding is out in the country and I haven't seen any restrictions from the rural counties yet.

Well boogers!!! I'm classified as one of the "essentials" so ya'll have fun out there. Don't forget to take a few pics. I think this ride should have a name. How about "The 1st Non-Essential Ride".:coffee:

I did a solo ride yesterday thru Cullen Park, Bear Creek park and Terry Hershey Park parking area. I normally would not ride to Terry Hershey park. However, street traffic was light. A cop parked at Terry Hershey park looked up as I passed him. But, that is a fairly common look I get when riding a 530 exc which at first glance appears to designated for off road only.

Back