• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

What a week (slightly graphic)

I’m glad things a healing for you physically and personally. I’ve been riding under the assumption that if I had riding pants and jacket on, road rash was not a concern. I know it could have been worse but bummer that you had all the right gear on and still had so much rash.

Last edited:
Hey everyone.

Just wanted to leave an update.

Nearing the point to being healed. My call and hands no longer have open wounds. My abdomen is very nearly completely closed up.

My elbow and knee still have a ways to go though.

My bike is going to the KTM dealer tomorrow to get the repair started. I think I'm just going to ask them to make sure the bike is mechanically OK, fix the ignition cylinder/imobilizer, and I'll fix the rest of the stuff myself to try to save some $.

Progressive paid out about $7100, $500 for gear (I destroyed about $2000 worth of gear though) and ~$1500 for my givi aluminium side cases & radar detector.

Been following your "ordeal"...!!!
Just saw you mention Givi side boxes.
I have a set I've had on a Tenere > Africa Twin > Tiger 900
You'd just need the racks....still very good condition.
Let me know if you want pix.
👍☑️👍

The KTM dealer said it's totalled. Waiting to hear back from progressive :(

Healing is still progressing. Hopefully I can ditch the abdomen dressings tomorrow at wound care.

The KTM dealer said it's totalled. Waiting to hear back from progressive :(

Healing is still progressing. Hopefully I can ditch the abdomen dressings tomorrow at wound care.

bummer about the bike

hope healing continues as quickly as it has been

What a painful experience, but glad it wasn't worse.
Hope your healing continues smoothly.
I second the idea of sending photos to Aerostich, it's not easy to destroy those suits.

Just about 100% healed. Super small section on my knee that is open still.
While it all sucked, I'm super lucky. Thanks for the well wishes and thoughts!
I rode my K1200S last week, riding up to the new house in RR from South Austin. It felt so good to be back on a bike!

Wow, Thats some nasty road rash! You are lucky that is all that happened, infections can be worse than the injury, very smart to go back into the ER and have it checked. Something to be said for proper gear! Glad you are healing, how is your bike?

The KTM ended up totalled.
But Progressive did me right, so that's ok.
I still have have a 160+ hp bike, but ended up buying a Tesla Model 3 Performance, too, to replace my Land Cruiser once I'm finished moving next week. Crazy that the car is as quick as the bike!

The KTM ended up totalled.
But Progressive did me right, so that's ok.
I still have have a 160+ hp bike, but ended up buying a Tesla Model 3 Performance, too, to replace my Land Cruiser once I'm finished moving next week. Crazy that the car is as quick as the bike!
tell me about this Land Cruiser.... :)

Back