• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

What did you do in the garage today?

I painted the trailer I recently picked up from Nacho Nate and customized the tailgate in preparation for Christmas delivery. I still need to add red reflective tape and tie down points.

I also drained the tanks on the generators after running the carbs dry. I drained the chainsaw as well and pulled it over until it didn't sputter.

While I was out there I cleaned the whole place up. I made a tire storage rack of sorts to reside on top of the stored generators.
20201213_122726.jpg

20201213_180905.jpg

Attachments

• 20201212_195834.jpg
    20201212_195834.jpg
    224.4 KB · Views: 160
Wiring done . 6-8 hrs actual time. View attachment 281319

Sent from my SM-G892U using Tapatalk

You didn't happen to fix the death pin? I had a service truck that came apart from it.

You didn't happen to fix the death pin? I had a service truck that came apart from it.

Yes.

cb87cb5bd05b2c2115e3c5b682289f77.jpg

Attachments

• d907143c86afe275f40457a2131d4ccd.jpg
    d907143c86afe275f40457a2131d4ccd.jpg
    137.3 KB · Views: 148
Another partial day of purging and reorganizing the garage. This shelving unit at the back of the shop always takes the longest to do and hopefully I can wrap this up tomorrow. Already feel like I have so much more space now that the tables have been cleared off and the cleaning/lubrication shelving has been re organized and unused items discarded.

_nc_ohc=2yhyTlAVmugAX-019E5&_nc_ht=scontent-dfw5-1.jpg

_nc_ohc=AGLXLSQstWYAX9qjJ7w&_nc_ht=scontent-dfw5-1.jpg

Wow - that's impressive. How do you balance the thing? What RPM will it run at?
Thanks! FIL taught me the craft, said take a piece of wood and remove everything that don’t look like a prop.

I use a magnetic static suspension balancer and sand the face off as needed. These turn 6-7K.

Ordered a a lot of parts for the wife’s car today. I asked her we have ever replaced the cabin filter. 8 years and 104,000 miles still on original. Dreading what I will find. I did replace R100GS headlight with cheap LED bulb. Mostly pleased.

After 3 days of wiring diagrams and skinned knuckles I finally figured put the distributor wiring and can now move on to connecting the shifter cable with 1/4 inch space between the trans and the exhaust. Vettes suck to work on unless uou have midget hands.
9966c56ccbcf10f24fb3f6b19eaa4d7e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That would tend to be the case in 99.999% of all Ducati collections by vans...
Back when The Sprinter vans first came out, I saw a brand new shiny one pull up at a track day and the owner started to unload his Ducati. Normally you'd probably be wrong in that the van was more expensive than the Ducati it carried. Except the Ducati was brand new. And also the second backup Ducati he unloaded a few minutes later was also brand new. So, your theory applies. :D

That is a sharp observation. He was beside himself with joy to get this bike. So it somewhat softened my grief to see it go. I just couldn't fold up enough to enjoy riding it and the maintenance demands are great with this bike. The new owner is a motorcycle mechanic so he can't wait to take it apart.

Ammo can center console in the CJ to replace the cheaply made low buck thing that was in there before. The old one locked but was made out of particle board and vinyl so would have been easy to break into, and the previous owners were fishers I guess cause it was full of old lures and used hooks. It was also too low to work as an arm rest. Still on the fence on if I should paint it or leave it. Pretty sure I'm going to upholster at least part of the lid and add a basic cupholder or set of cupholders.

_nc_ohc=IT31AXBVNf4AX_E3neN&_nc_ht=scontent-dfw5-2.jpg

_nc_ohc=FprDHXa8iREAX9lRLou&_nc_ht=scontent-dfw5-2.jpg

Pretty sure this was the old unit that was in there but in vinyl instead of denim.

... Still on the fence on if I should paint it or leave it. Pretty sure I'm going to upholster at least part of the lid and add a basic cupholder or set of cupholders.
You still have some of that orange paint?
Would not look bad orange, and then make a pad for the top using some black vinyl

@Downs ,watch that elbow when shifting. How’s the leg? Hope all is well.

I tested it before I bolted it down. My elbow will be above the box when shifting. Leg is good to go other than the scar it's like it never even happened. Surgeons did a great job.

You still have some of that orange paint?
Would not look bad orange, and then make a pad for the top using some black vinyl

I think some of my prior service buddies have talked me into repainting OD green then stenciling with white or yellow letters some meaningful family info on the sides where the original lot numbering and whatnot would have went.

But I think I may have enough of that Kubota Orange to do what you suggest as well.

Back