• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

What did you do in the garage today?

My Branson tractor pumps diesel to the injector pump. Probably would work. Thanks
Diesel pumps have different diaphragms in them than gas pumps. While it might work for a while I suspect it won’t last as long. Oreily’s sells a diesel specific in line pump for about $86.

It is an intermittent problem once warm. Just guessing at this point will diagnose once eventually. Just guessing at this point. Thanks for pump information

It is an intermittent problem once warm. Just guessing at this point will diagnose once eventually. Just guessing at this point. Thanks for pump information
Many diesels have two filters. One before the lift pump and one before the injection pump.
It’s fairly common for those to partially plug up after being run. After sitting they will work for a while again. Also some of the lift pumps have a removable back housing that has an internal filter on the fuel inlet side. Check the filters out before condemning the pump. You should be able to blow through them easily. If they seem restricted, replace them.

4b3c6bf49e92f962202be2a9af9ff068.jpg

Put the yellow covers on my lights.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Amazing how much more visible the yellow is. If your goal is to be seen, go with yellow rather than brighter lights.

Good choice.
I agree I have yeller and they light the near road. People don't flash me when they are on.

Found a nice surprise on the drz400s after some deep mud.

Attachments

• IMG_20200201_121010.jpg
    IMG_20200201_121010.jpg
    777.5 KB · Views: 177
  • IMG_20200206_181104.jpg
    IMG_20200206_181104.jpg
    222.6 KB · Views: 185
I kept looking for a waded up copper head.
But it's just a clod of mud grass and pine needles the compacted into the space behind the guard, right?

I kept looking for a waded up copper head.
But it's just a clod of mud grass and pine needles the compacted into the space behind the guard, right?
precisely. i posted that photo of my bike in the mud on facebook and someone commented on it and suggested i might find a nice treat behind the front sprocket cover. there was a treat for sure! i am contemplating leaving it off for good or finding something that is closer to a cage to go over it raver than a cover. the drz is a great bike i bought it as an offroad toy and it just keeps standing up to all the abuse i throw at it. very impressed

Leaving it off makes the clutch slave vulnerable ... to a degree. All that debris would find it's way up, in and around everything near the cover.

The solution might be to source another cover on ebay and whittle on it in an effort to shed some of that debris.
You see where it plugs ... cut reliefs to help it clear itself or gain access to clear it on the trail.

DRZs are an extremely capable platform.

DR-Z ain't got a hydraulic clutch. It is a cable. The actuator arm attaches to the pivot in the case. So no worries.

Not my garage, but the auto craft shop on Lackland. Clutch replacement on 97 Ranger today and shocks, fill all three fluids and time allowing, both coil packs and all 8 plugs and wire. Never pulling a trans again on a cage. Never

Worked some more on my CRF100 project. Definitely feeling like one of those times that I would have been better of just buying a new bike lol. Every time I take something apart I find out how horribly the P.O. took care of it. This time around it was tearing down the CR80 forks from the front end swap. I went to drain them and ..... nothing came out. Figured that was weird but ok. Pulled the caps and went to pull the spring out and what came out the fork was more like mud than oil. It literally would not pour out. Like someone just filled them with grease and ran them that way for who knows how long. It was the grittiest sludge I have ever pulled out of a bike.

I pulled them apart and left them for cleaning later as I was just too disgusted to work through cleaning them properly lol. Anyways, new seals and rings are on hand to put them back right. The only thing I can't seem to get is one of the bushings - not made anymore and can't find NOS.

Worked some more on my CRF100 project. Definitely feeling like one of those times that I would have been better of just buying a new bike lol. Every time I take something apart I find out how horribly the P.O. took care of it. This time around it was tearing down the CR80 forks from the front end swap. I went to drain them and ..... nothing came out. Figured that was weird but ok. Pulled the caps and went to pull the spring out and what came out the fork was more like mud than oil. It literally would not pour out. Like someone just filled them with grease and ran them that way for who knows how long. It was the grittiest sludge I have ever pulled out of a bike.

I pulled them apart and left them for cleaning later as I was just too disgusted to work through cleaning them properly lol. Anyways, new seals and rings are on hand to put them back right. The only thing I can't seem to get is one of the bushings - not made anymore and can't find NOS.
You can take the bushing to a local machine shop and have them turn one up for you. I had a great guy that actually lived in his shop and could do anything here in Waxahachie but he passed away.

^^ good idea, I have a few really good machine shops I use for engineering projects at work that I should hit up

I use my garage as a catch all for things I enjoy doing. I have recently bought a scroll saw and am learning how to use it. I have a 7 year old granddaughter who I adore so I thought I would try ro make her a Unicorn. I mean what 7 year old girl doesn’t like Unicorns!

I finished my part of it last night and her Grandmother will put the finishing touches to it. It’s a girl thing you know. Try not to be too critical of my first attempt. I’m sure there are some pro cutters out there.

Attachments

• FF645FEE-E946-411D-88FD-65F21C195710.jpeg
    FF645FEE-E946-411D-88FD-65F21C195710.jpeg
    380.6 KB · Views: 137
I use my garage as a catch all for things I enjoy doing. I have recently bought a scroll saw and am learning how to use it. I have a 7 year old granddaughter who I adore so I thought I would try ro make her a Unicorn. I mean what 7 year old girl doesn’t like Unicorns!

I finished my part of it last night and her Grandmother will put the finishing touches to it. It’s a girl thing you know. Try not to be too critical of my first attempt. I’m sure there are some pro cutters out there.
That's pretty great. You've got some skills...

Let's see. Clearly a horse, has a nice mane with lots of flair, one ear, one eye, one nostril, one mouth, and one horn. I'd say you satisfied the project requirements for "unicorn in profile". And it even looks good! Well done!

This is what I'm doing in the garage right now. I really hate working on newer cars. Plastic fitting had a hole and when I checked it snapped right off.
IMG_20200216_121058985.jpg

IMG_20200216_143150089_HDR.jpg

IMG_20200216_143216150.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20200216_143216150.jpg
    IMG_20200216_143216150.jpg
    183.4 KB · Views: 124
Back