• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

What did you do in the garage today?

Don't ya just love it I'm working on the wifes car chasing a parasitic draw issue.:help:
If you can't find it, a stopgap is to put a battery tender on the car and plug it in every few days. I've had one of these on my pickup for years, it stays parked for weeks to months at a stretch, always starts. Have an extension cord from the garage running out there with an all-weather clamshell enclosure for where the plugs meet, takes about 30sec. to plug/unplug.

A while back, an acquaintance contacted me and asked if I knew a James C. McQuaid, my paternal grandfather. This person had located a roll around tool box that appeared to my grandpa's. Tools were gone and the box had been neglected. I thought about trying to sand and paint but elected to do a "survivor " resto. This is the result. My grandad was born in I.T.in 1888. He was an engineer on steam powered Thrashers then moved to a Ford dealership and eventually to A&P at Fort Rucker and Fort Wolters as magnaflux technician. He Passed in 1975. I love this toolbox.
20200216_135827.jpg
20200216_135816.jpg

The joys on only one car. Riding with large car parts from the steelership. :hack:

Swapped out my AC10 front tire for an MT21. Handles so much better on pavement now. The AC10 is a very dangerous tire on pavement. I ended up pinching my old tube which resulted in a surprise 100 mile Sunday drive from Huntsville to Greenspoint Cycle Gear; got some good phone time talking to my Mom while in the car. I took the DRZ out for 40-50 miles of gravel roads after installing the MT21 and found the roads were mapped by a familiar username. The MT21 handled the gravel really well and was more than decent at 60mph-75mph after I decided to straight-line back home. Ended up near General Sams off road park at one point. Shame they don't allow two wheelers...I like mud.

Attachments

• IMG_20200216_120310.jpg
    IMG_20200216_120310.jpg
    239 KB · Views: 132
  • IMG_20200216_123408.jpg
    IMG_20200216_123408.jpg
    223.2 KB · Views: 124
  • IMG_20200216_124311.jpg
    IMG_20200216_124311.jpg
    401.8 KB · Views: 140
  • Screenshot_20200216-161700.png
    Screenshot_20200216-161700.png
    117 KB · Views: 138
A while back, an acquaintance contacted me and asked if I knew a James C. McQuaid, my paternal grandfather. This person had located a roll around tool box that appeared to my grandpa's. Tools were gone and the box had been neglected. I thought about trying to sand and paint but elected to do a "survivor " resto. This is the result. My grandad was born in I.T.in 1888. He was an engineer on steam powered Thrashers then moved to a Ford dealership and eventually to A&P at Fort Rucker and Fort Wolters as magnaflux technician. He Passed in 1975. I love this toolbox. View attachment 254661View attachment 254660

Hi Wolf, This look Familiar ?

Attachments

• McQuaid.jpg
    McQuaid.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 131
After a few years of using cheap Amazon/eBay phone holders on my scoot I broke down and got a Ram Holder. It's the little things...

Parts chasser is another job description for the KLR.✅
Got everything running and the system burped. The Pathfinder is running great now.

IMG_20200217_073149043.jpg

IMG_20200217_102828508_HDR.jpg

But the lid is open, so I assume it is connected to a vent below? Just a little odd, not a car guy at all. All bikes all the time at PPSS.

It's how you burp the system. That is blue coolant going through a clear pipe. Previously you had to raise the front of the car up and run it at an angle but this gets the air bubbles out of the rear heater core. You just make sure you have plenty of coolant in the reservoir bottle while you doing this so you don't suck in more air.

I used to be a car guy but I prefer bikes. I'm to cheap though to pay someone to work on my cars so I do it very begrudgingly.

painted some more 16' pieces of crown moulding before cutting and hanging. totally boring, no pics.

I noticed a leak when I rode it last weekend in Arkansas so I started to replace fork seals on the WR450.

Ordered seals, took fork apart, realized it needed bushings too. Ordered bushings.

Bushings should be here on Thursday. Also ordered a new air filter.
e27c8a3e5ba7268b6c8ff189b66971e6.jpg

The question for me seems to be when is there enough garage? Three years ago I built a 30x30. Immediately realized it was too small. Last jan I added the two 16x30 wings. This jan am adding a 12x25 shed for the toy hauler.
Hope I’m done for a few years the taxes keep going up and retirement is coming up in a couple years.View attachment 253757
View attachment 253758

I LIKE the storage! You can never have too much IMO. Are you going to put a finished wall around the new covered area? Looks like you have bags lining it now.

I thought never have to big a shop, till I got taxed for it. Milam County even taxed mu carport over gravel.

Back