• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

What did you do in the garage today?

So where does the take out food go?

Inked2020-mazda-mx-5-miata-dashboard-carbuzz-348375_LI.jpg

Wow, quite impressed. You got top of line. That's the one to get if you're going to get a convertible. Will definitely hold its value in years to come unlike the old leaky ragtops

20200702_113946.jpg

[A20200702_131504.jpg

So Eli had a marginal brake light and tag holder!

Now he's got new brighter light and much better shed built tag holder. Tusk rear rack and a Fully Functional Ground Indicator

Had nothing but good luck with Rock Auto's selection. Still, they also sell some garbage but experience keeps you from adding those to the cart.

Yep, experience is an expensive lesson. I just assumed RA sold the same crap in what's left of parts stores, but sure enough, the best you can get is there if you pay attention.

:eek2: who what how where when why?
Who. Me
What. Engine swap
How. By myself
Where. My shop
When. Now
Why. It go boom

Real explanation:
Lost compression on 3 out of 4 cylinders atleast 6 months ago, car has been sitting while I waited to find a decent engine.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Why boom, no changie oileos? Seriously why does something like that happen?
No clue.

I change oil every 10k with amsoil full synthetic. It never comes out bad. Had an issue with vvt actuator and I think it leaned out in a few cylinders

No clue.

I change oil every 10k with amsoil full synthetic. It never comes out bad. Had an issue with vvt actuator and I think it leaned out in a few cylinders

Too much electronics !!!

Performed rocket surgery on a Tiger today.

Finally got around to firing up TuneECU and installing a new ECU map. Put the TCMB-20767/20769 Hybrid Map in, from the ADV Tiger800 Tuning Thread.

The fellow who created it describes the changes like this:

"This custom map is a combination of the stock 20769 part throttle and cruising maps with the arrow 20767 mid-full throttle maps. I have applied some smoothing to the ignition maps and adjusted the idle timing for a more stable idle. With these maps configurations, expect good fuel economy mixed with great performance while riding aggressively.
-This map is also configured for 14.7 AFR up to 50% TPS and 7500rpms. With a Leo Vince exhaust fitted, I see an average 54.1mpg at an indicated 65mph on level highway."

I've bolded the important bits to me. Currently seeing 37-40 mpg for the past 22K miles. If I can bust 50 mpg that will be real nice. Heck, even 45 mpg would be significant. Will try it out tomorrow on the East Texas Piney Woods BBQ lunch run, which is to Independence this week. After that the ECU will continue to learn as I rack up the miles.

Update: The new map seems to have paid off. Calculated about 47 mpg on the first tank burned. If this is consistent it will provide a 200 mile range with another 20 miles of buffer. Yay!

Last edited:
Today, I took the gas tank off my Versys. Tomorrow, I put a new one on.

I love the A/C. I used to have a portable unit at my last house. Switched it for a window unit. I like yours though. Of course, 75°F in your shop is priceless this time of year.

My ac isnt as nice as @OldTLSDoug but it works

Started at 11:30. Stopped from 5:30-8. Its 8:57.View attachment 267671View attachment 267672

No clue.

Some of the honda’s has issues with their vvt actuators but it was generally sludge from lack of Regular oil changes that blocked the oil passages in it. 10k on amsoil should not have hurt it.
I’m way too old school so I change my synthetic oil at 5 k with a new filter.

I love the A/C. I used to have a portable unit at my last house. Switched it for a window unit. I like yours though. Of course, 75°F in your shop is priceless this time of year.
I bought a 12000 btu portable once and used a dryer hose to pump the exhaust out a hole in the garage door in my 2 var attached garage. It was worthless. If you weren't within a 3 ft radius in front of it you couldn't feel it. And it certainly couldn't cool the space even if left on 2 days straight. Yeah. It got returned.

I have a 5000 btu window AC I set on the ground and close the garage door on top of. Then I block off the openings with plywood. The blower is much more powerful than the portable.

But really I'd like to invest in a mini split but would need more electrical panel capacity.
How well they work and how efficient they are is something I lack info from actual users on.

Last edited:
It is a spot cooler if heat is not removed to an unwanted area. A/C is moving heat. The sun gives off heat and the moon cold and cheese :lol2:

Glad I read this thread, Needing new struts on my 08 Yukon, guess I'll go OEM from Rock A. Was thinking KYB but not sure if they are available as an assembly. Never had a KYB shock wear out.

My ac isnt as nice as @OldTLSDoug but it works

Bought this for hurricane power outages when I lived in The Woodlands so it's about 20 years old and it will hold under 85 degrees in a 750 sq ft shop when it is 105 outside. It will suffice until I can afford to put in a mini-split.

IMG_20200626_163531.jpg

Back