• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

What did you do in the garage today?

addaef8cf1484f99c3157e7975598292.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My son had the lowest HP 'Vette ever built with EGR, etc, (1975), and it was one of the hottest-feeling cars I had driven. The 'glass body makes a HUGE difference for 'Vettes...

The kids insisted on going on a "Jeep Ride" yesterday. Noticed I still had exhaust header leaks but I had some Remflex header gaskets coming in. The little one fell asleep not long after we rolled out. The oldest stayed awake for the whole ride. Didn't go far but tooled around on some backroads. Found this culvert built with two railway tanker cars with the ends cut off. Some of the usual garbage plus a saddle. First time I';ve found a thrown out saddle.

This morning the UPS guy got here way earlier than normal. Just got done installing the Remflex header gaskets. Weather is pretty crappy today so not sure if I'll fire it up and take it for a spin or wait till tomorrow. I also tapped the diff breather holes for 1/8 NPT thread since both were missing when I got the Jeep. Now I have both axle's breathers ran up to around the battery tray area.

_nc_ohc=rXeM4IUyhyIAX954C0F&_nc_ht=scontent-dfw5-2.jpg

_nc_ohc=qXsLiVPWobcAX9OTbGE&_nc_ht=scontent-dfw5-1.jpg

_nc_ohc=57ty7BQBZ9AAX9VJbNr&_nc_ht=scontent-dfw5-2.jpg

_nc_ohc=cekeCUitYgUAX8JAmA0&_nc_ht=scontent-dfw5-2.jpg

_nc_ohc=5oeeU54cz90AX_rXz3W&_nc_ht=scontent-dfw5-1.jpg

_nc_ohc=P2QUmfN4TP4AX9Jt1NP&_nc_ht=scontent-dfw5-1.jpg

kX2so7IJ-tK5anUPni2Z9gRw9j_&_nc_ht=scontent-dfw5-1.jpg

_nc_ohc=3jVtteBLKwoAX9obFSo&_nc_ht=scontent-dfw5-2.jpg

I had a 1946 model 2a once. Would love to an old Jeep again. But aless

1980 wasnt anything to shout about either. With the World heada sn high compression this should work well

Even though I drive my truck almost daily, they're usually short 5 minute trips to work then back. Out of curiosity I put it to the battery tender and it took several hours to be fully charged.

The FJR and mower which gets less use tend to reach the charged status in under 30 minutes. Sure they're much smaller batteries but just surprised me a bit.

Hopefully this will extend the battery life as I've been replacing them every 3 years.

Even though I drive my truck almost daily, they're usually short 5 minute trips to work then back. Out of curiosity I put it to the battery tender and it took several hours to be fully charged.

The FJR and mower which gets less use tend to reach the charged status in under 30 minutes. Sure they're much smaller batteries but just surprised me a bit.

Hopefully this will extend the battery life as I've been replacing them every 3 years.

I've got one of those multiport Battery Tender units hanging from the roof of my garage. If it's in the garage it's plugged in to it.

The kids insisted on going on a "Jeep Ride" yesterday. Noticed I still had exhaust header leaks but I had some Remflex header gaskets coming in. The little one fell asleep not long after we rolled out. The oldest stayed awake for the whole ride. Didn't go far but tooled around on some backroads. Found this culvert built with two railway tanker cars with the ends cut off. Some of the usual garbage plus a saddle. First time I';ve found a thrown out saddle.

This morning the UPS guy got here way earlier than normal. Just got done installing the Remflex header gaskets. Weather is pretty crappy today so not sure if I'll fire it up and take it for a spin or wait till tomorrow. I also tapped the diff breather holes for 1/8 NPT thread since both were missing when I got the Jeep. Now I have both axle's breathers ran up to around the battery tray area.

View attachment 280607

View attachment 280608

View attachment 280609

View attachment 280610

View attachment 280611

View attachment 280612

View attachment 280613

View attachment 280614
Go back and grab the saddle.. Someone on eBay will pay good money for your junk.. LOL

I get similar results.
I'll bet the plug head/transformer was good and warm too.

My truck sits a lot, and even when driven, is usually less than 5-6 miles.
I tried my .75 amp battery tender jr on it once (a large group 65 battery) . Took 2 days to get it to show fully charged.
I use my regular battery charger (2 amp setting) on it once a month or so, takes a few hours to show fully charged with that one.

I saved the fun part until the end. $400 plus shipping two ways to have the harness fixed to where it's just plug and play . I think ill give it a try for that.
c67a8fb9c44314e543859a0e6254601d.jpg

Sent from my SM-G892U using Tapatalk

Back