• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

What did you do in the garage today?

Myself and a few guys went in and bought a no-mar tire changing machine.

Eh, it’s ok. Still had to use my Baja no pinch tool

View attachment 281222
View attachment 281223
View attachment 281224

I bought the Harbor Freight tire change stand and the NO Mar bar. The bar is IMO the best thing they sell.

Also not sure if it's possible where you live. If it's a rental place or whatever? But if you can put some drop in concrete anchors into the garage floor you can chuck that plywood stand and save some room.

Last edited:
Put the stock Showa Shocks back on the 1100 today. How they sell this junk. Even a 26 year old stock shock is better than Ohlins.

Attachments

• 12714B7E-27B0-43CF-B57A-DF2DA4EB6CD4.jpeg
    12714B7E-27B0-43CF-B57A-DF2DA4EB6CD4.jpeg
    213.6 KB · Views: 165
  • 38B869D6-E7AD-40CB-BE21-42276704F57E.jpeg
    38B869D6-E7AD-40CB-BE21-42276704F57E.jpeg
    106.6 KB · Views: 170
I bought the Harbor Freight tire change stand and the NO Mar bar. The bar is IMO the best thing they sell.

Also not sure if it's possible where you live. If it's a rental place or whatever? But if you can put some drop in concrete anchors into the garage floor you can chuck that plywood stand and save some room.
The NoMar is probably the single best bike investment I've ever made, having done near 30 sets of my own tires in 20 years. About another 25 sets for my friends as well. More than paid for itself.

I use the receiver hitch mount they sell. My SUV isn't moving. Just gotta be careful not to break your rear window if the bar should come out of the wheel. So I keep the tailgate up.

But yeah, install the concrete anchors that come with the unit.

I don't recognize the white painted model in the pics. Mine is hammertone gray and is physically bigger and the bead breaker is above the clamps. I can do SUV tires but not off-road 33s. A 31 x 10.5 is the biggest I've had in it. I also guess they're using the low profile dirt bike clamps. Not necessary for that wheel. The Nylon cam style ones would've worked.

The NoMar is probably the single best bike investment I've ever made, having done near 30 sets of my own tires in 20 years. About another 25 sets for my friends as well. More than paid for itself.

I use the receiver hitch mount they sell. My SUV isn't moving. Just gotta be careful not to break your rear window if the bar should come out of the wheel. So I keep the tailgate up.

I don't recognize the white painted model in the pics. Mine is hammertone gray and is physically bigger and the bead breaker is above the clamps. I can do SUV tires but not off-road 33s. A 31 x 10.5 is the biggest I've had in it. I also guess they're using the low profile dirt bike clamps. Not necessary for that wheel. The Nylon cam style ones would've worked.

I do all the tires in the house now, and bubble balance them as well. One set of tires on each vehicle and the setup was more than paid for. I have 4 flush anchors in the middle of the shop. 4 grade 8 bolts to put up the changing stand do the work then take it down and put it away park one of the Jeeps over the anchor holes. It's nice patching or changing tires on my time.

Put the stock Showa Shocks back on the 1100 today. How they sell this junk. Even a 26 year old stock shock is better than Ohlins.
When you buy Ohlins, you go into it knowing that every so often, you need to rebuild it. Especially true for track focused shocks. It's the ability for them to be able to react so sensitively with very low stiction that makes them seem less durable. They're bought for performance not lifelong, no need to ever pay attention to it again durability.

My R1100S had the higher level 36 PRC1 up front. It had compression and a piggyback reservoir which the regular 36 PR1 did not. Honestly I was faster around a track on this bike than I was when I raced with a regular telescoping fork. The Ohlins also solved my tire cupping issue with the telelever front. But maybe the longer GS torque arm out back helped as well as it changed the chassis attitude slightly and for the better.

I do all the tires in the house now, and bubble balance them as well. One set of tires on each vehicle and the setup was more than paid for. I have 4 flush anchors in the middle of the shop. 4 grade 8 bolts to put up the changing stand do the work then take it down and put it away park one of the Jeeps over the anchor holes. It's nice patching or changing tires on my time.
I need to do the tires on my Ninja. Got the rubber but between leftover materials from a major house remodeling and Christmas boxes and containers everywhere, I can't get to the changer. Guess it'll be the middle of January when I do it. But I unfortunately won't have the hot sun on the driveway softening up the donuts.

Last weekend I got the wiring, lights and fenders installed on the little Dilly project. As for the deck, I scratched the aluminum sheet idea and thought back to the previous ones I've done as well as that old 3/4" sheet of plywood that came off it and was still sturdy. With that, I bought a new sheet of exterior 3/4" plywood and cut it to fit. Then I applied two coats of an exterior deck paint top/bottom and all the edges. When that was dry I went ahead and installed it with carriage bolts and these cool carriage bolt washers that have little fingers that drive into the wood as the bolt sucks down. That deck is sturdy as a rock now. Then I got the safety chains on and tidied up the wire harness ground/loom. I do believe this project is now done.

IMG_2354-2.JPG

IMG_2355-2.JPG

IMG_2356-1.JPG

IMG_2357-1.JPG

Cool little hitch attachment on the big trailer. Did you do that just for this project or was it already there for something else?

Last weekend I got the wiring, lights and fenders installed on the little Dilly project... Then I got the safety chains on and tidied up the wire harness ground/loom. I do believe this project is now done.
A trailer for your trailer.

Cool!

Wiring done . 6-8 hrs actual time.

Sent from my SM-G892U using Tapatalk
$400.00 to buy a harness 8hrs. to modify yours...:deal:

$50/hr for your labor. You are why over paying yourself for a man with your meager skills.:haha:

I knew you could do it all along.

Cool little hitch attachment on the big trailer. Did you do that just for this project or was it already there for something else?
I've had that trailer for 20+ years and put the 2" box receiver on the nose shortly after purchase for a winch. Never used a winch with it, but fabricated a 2" hitch with the pintle so I could move small military trailers easily during restoration. I carried that thought over to placing 1-7/8 and 2" hitch balls for a variety of other trailered projects over the years. Kept a hitch mounted tailgate bbq pit on it for a while too. Sure has been handy.
LyfeTyme1.JPG

Yes I have a 2" receiver on the front of my trailer also. from winching to anchoring things the possibility are endless.

Actually it is $525 plus shipping both ways to have it done .

Sent from my SM-G892U using Tapatalk

I told steve to do that, but he didn’t want to drill holes[emoji23]

Today rode a little over 200 miles and did this in my garage

8ace60072b5366263cdb477eab0ab119.jpg

The nicest thing is not being on my knees and the disc is not on the ground.

But basically it took the same amount of time it takes me to spoon a tire with the Baja no pinch.

Decided to tackle the power seat gears on the drivers side today. I also have a clunk in the seat under acceleration and braking. Not a lot, just enough to be annoying. Did a search iH8MUD and some folks pointed to the gears. I had ordered a full set from Gamiviti so figured I'd dig in and get it done.

First step was to wait for a break in the rain and yank the seat. Good opportunity to vacuum where the seat was.

PXL_20201213_204037790-XL.jpg

On disassembly I find this little screw.

PXL_20201213_210004591-XL.jpg

Somebody has serviced this chair before it appears. And low and behold, thank goodness I watched the Gamiviti youtube video and did the passenger seat first because whoever did the work forgot to put in the back washers. I might have missed that if I hadn't watched the video and done the other seat.

I grabbed one of the front washers and headed to the hardware store. An hour later I'm home and I find I made a small mistake. Yup, I forgot that the rear washer is slightly larger than the front washer. In fact, it's very precise to be able to fit over the splines but not over the main shaft in the back. I drilled out the washers I bought and installed it all and no more clunk. Going to be much better from here on out.

Last edited:

Got the KZ fired-up after rebuilding carbs, setting valves and re-threading/helicoiling nearly every bolt hole. It fired off after about 5 seconds of cranking. Even without setting mixture or synch it runs a LOT better.

Still on to-do list

- replace throttle cables - throttle return slow, one cable kinked at carbs, Found out that cable is obsolete, but was able to order NOS item form Ebay

- set idle mixture and sync carbs - colortune on the way - Old Skool is Kool

- Add relay to coil power. I have 1V drop between coil power and battery. Will bypass wiring harness and feed coil+ directly from battery via relay. will use old coil wire to power relay coil.

- Tires, wheel bearings

- Front fork seal blew on me soaking brakes so I have to do that also

- Need to finish the de-policing (lights, siren etc).

Last edited:
Back