• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

What did you do in the garage today?

The carb float for the SuperHawk arrived, so I put the carbs back together, mounted the carbs, airbox, tank, and all the plumbing to go with it. Vacuum-operated petcock worked, battery was charged and ready - and the darn bike came to life after about 10 seconds of cranking! Idled really fast, so I think the mixture screws are way out. But - the front float bowl is leaking. The gasket is a really lose fit and mounting it without it moving out of place was tough. I was CERTAIN I had done it properly and tightened the screws down enough - but I didn't test it before putting all the bits back together. So: I get to do all that again. At least I'll be good at it after a couple more attempts.

Anyway, that should be an easy fix, then adjust idle, mixture, and sync, and this thing should be ready to ride this week. Makes such a nice sound!
You're giving me a hankerin' to get back after my TDM, similar carb setup...

Osb price today. Almost 6 times what i payed 2 1/2 years ago.
Can you say hyper inflation is now hitting us like a 9$ 2x4
Screenshot_20210504-092811_DuckDuckGo.jpg

Screenshot_20210504-092952_Calculator.jpg

Osb price today. Almost 6 times what i payed 2 1/2 years ago.
Can you say hyper inflation is now hitting us like a 9$ 2x4

It's all stupid. "This too, shall pass", but it will take a few more months till things settle back down.

I sure am glad I got all my lumber-based construction done last year...

Kind of sort of in the garage. I did most of the work in the dining room actually, but I had to go into the garage for my helmet and some tools, and it's for the motorcycle in the garage, so that counts, right?

I'm preparing for a super boring trip so I decided that to go along with my fancy new GPS and my fairly new spotify account, I'd maybe have some tunes for the really boring stretches of road.

First up I ordered some Sure SE215's

Then I went and dug my old Sena SMH10 out of the depths of the closet. I have the base that lets you plug in your own earphones. The battery is seriously old and I'm sure lying dormant in the closet for several years hasn't done any good, so I did some research and nabbed this off Amazon.

Super nice, most of the videos I could find had you swapping connectors from the old battery onto the new one but the battery I found on Amazon had the right connector so it was plug and play. The bonus is that I upgraded the aging 560mAh battery for a matching 700mAh battery. It's charging right now.

PXL_20210505_014051862-XL.jpg

Also ordered some new fuzzies for the microphone since the old one was rotting off.

That should do it, entertainment for the most boring stretches of road taken care of.

Moved my remaining firewood pile from near the inside door to the unused overhead door side, then put the tool box where the wood was, then got the 70 year old fridge in the garage and out of tarps from the fence space next to the garage where the utilities are, then tore out that fence, moved the gate closer to the driveway, then started pulling things out of the small shed that looked like an explosion at Sanford and Son inside. It's 3/4 floor on 4x4's is rotted due to an undetected leak for a long time, but at wood prices it can stay rotted.

So generally I made a giant mess back there which seems to be my MO for getting things done.
I'll go out this morning, be shocked and offended at the mess, then get more coffee and fix it.

Set back and watched a crew put this up in 3 1/2 hours. Man, I’m pooped!
Yeah, it's nice when the extent of your efforts are limited to supervision and kibitzing.

You're going to want a rain better between the buildings...

And maybe bracing between those super-tall legs holding up the roof? Or, is a wall planned on that exposed side?

Yeah, it's nice when the extent of your efforts are limited to supervision and kibitzing.

You're going to want a rain better between the buildings...
Actually, the curbside legs get anchored to the building, seamless gutter gets put between and carport gets sheeted down to the gutter.

PO(s) kept pretty good care, not pristine but still pretty good shape for its age.

Road trip time , I know where there’s a really nice rv park in Wyoming and jeeps tow really good . I may be headed that way in a couple weeks ,

6E9AF6E7-668B-4FE2-B0EB-5EE4DB44FC08.jpeg

Pull this back in the shop tomorrow and install a couple hundred bucks of e track then time to start packing

Horse trading , swapped it for two summers rent in Wyoming I’m a snow bird now . And I should have been headed north mid April , I’m dragging my feet .

Road trip time , I know where there’s a really nice rv park in Wyoming and jeeps tow really good . I may be headed that way in a couple weeks ,

View attachment 292517

Pull this back in the shop tomorrow and install a couple hundred bucks of e track then time to start packing
Lol wyoming is unpredictable
Screenshot_20210505-151238_Messages.jpg

this time of year. My brother in law ran into a blizzard yesterday towing a mustang to idaho.

Snowed twice this winter where I’m going , there is 4 feet snowpack 20 miles up the road though and it will still be there when I get moved in for the summer . It’s possible I may go up the hill and get a couple snowballs and come back to town and splat somebody , I’ve done that before . At westfest 2011 in Montana .

Back