• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

What did you do in the garage today?

In the garage. Hm. Well, I charged my Greenworks 60V batteries "in the garage", and I took my electric pole saw from the garage, plus the chainsaw and leaf blower. And I pulled out the lawn mower from the garage, and the Echo GT-225 trimmer.

First, the chainsaw. It rocks. You can read about it on my blog. Here are some pictures.

After a hard day and a half of work, good as new.
1623676884044.png

It ripped through 1/3 of a 20 year old pear tree in nothing flat. Literally cut all of this up in about 10 minutes. I can't even move this cart it's so heavy. Anyone want some firewood?
1623676965909.png

And speaking of which, I also took out my Echo string trimmer yesterday, in plans to do the lawn. This thing is on probably its third carburetor, and the aftermarket ones don't have the anti-tamper plug on the mixture adjuster. This trimmer had been driving me nuts not running right so I just put a screwdriver in my pocket when I went off to do the edging and trimming, and once it was warmed up I took out 3/4 of a turn on the mixture screw 1/4 at a time and voila, it runs perfectly. Hard to not be able to tune something with only one screw.

Also helped my dad at his place rebuild the carburetors on his old '72 CL350. They don't leak now but he says it still doesn't run perfectly. But it's the same age as me, and I don't run perfectly either. So I say, give it a break.

And I tried to take some fork oil out of my Suzuki forks, couldn't actually manage to make any of my tools do the job. I just need a length of vinyl tubing that will fit down into the spring. So, need to work on that. And I thought some more about how to fix the brake rotor not centering in my caliper on the Triumph, but just rode it instead of working on it.

When I bought my house in 87 I made them put the compressor on the east side of the house so it would have afternoon shade and since then a tree has grown shading it in the morning . The installer didn’t want to but I told him his choice was put it where I tell you to or get off my property . Very simple . Just got finished building a set of 66 inch fork extensions for the skid steer I’ve been working on . Too hot for that crap .

🤔Um, added 30mm bar risers to the 790R and then went out on building exterior paint detail.
<Saved the sunny-side for in the morning> 🥵

Hope the hydraulic drive belt never breaks out in a field. on a zero turn It will be no picnic changing it. If I stop posting my rigging (4X4's ) failed and it would be a closed casket :eek2: . I can't believe that the redneck riggin made it to the

. . There was no way to rig it without eye bolts. I had none.

zero riggin.jpg

Last edited:
Hope the hydraulic drive belt never breaks out in a field. on a zero turn It will be no picnic changing it. If I stop posting my rigging (4X4's ) failed and it would be a closed casket :eek2: . I can't believe that the redneck riggin made it to the

. . There was no way to rig it without eye bolts. I had none.

You know you can disengage the drives and tow it.

Forks make life so much easier

View attachment 295500
Oh yeah forks! I finally got belt changed the idler pulley was hard to get far enough to ride on the back of the belt. Very hard to do without pulling pulley. It is on top of blade drive system . The square hole didn't fit 3/8 . Had to use 9 1/16 box end then block to get belt on then put box end back on pulley to release and removew wood block.

Attachments

• Rtz drive belt.png
    Rtz drive belt.png
    135.4 KB · Views: 75
Oh yeah forks! I finally got belt changed the idler pulley was hard to get far enough to ride on the back of the belt. Very hard to do without pulling pulley. It is on top of blade drive system . The square hole didn't fit 3/8 . Had to use 9 1/16 box end then block to get belt on then put box end back on pulley to release and removew wood block.
Yeah, I'm not looking forward to changing the belt on my 5' King Kutter on Tuesday when the new belts arrive...
IMG_9058.JPG

Getting ready to go organize tools and clear the benches.

The lighting genius and dear friend I work for more and more has a nice little company, but doesn't know squat about vehicle maintenance.
His '07 E250 van is a horror to drive. One axle bushing so bad that wheel is pretty cambered in, 2 brake rotors grinding, more steering slop than a 1960's Monkey Wards riding mower with tiller steering and a driveshaft that makes rude noises with a load on. All that and a cabin fan resistor bank that's cooked so barely any cool air comes out the vents. No bueno! That's gotta be over 3k in shop labor and so far I'm at 1300 bucks in Moog parts. I refuse to waste my time with the cheap junk like Driveworks and Dorman. Bringing it back to my hidden alley driveway to have at it.

He'll save money, I'll make good money, and no one will die in this rolling calamity. In decent shape otherwise.

If anyone in the Leander/Cedar Park are is interested, and on fecebook, I created a new group for DIY Guys...

I finally got around to fixing my craftsman stool. It had little tiny fragile wheels. The bearings are mostly all over the shop now, went by the Harbor Freight, bought me some big un's. Rolls like magic now, very smooth and stable and it is Jake approved.

IMG_6218.JPG

IMG_6220.JPG

IMG_6221.JPG

IMG_6222.JPG

IMG_6223.JPG

IMG_6210.JPG

Also, yesterday my daughter brought some shelves and we put them together. Was a good weekend of shop stuff. I like the way the center support brackets work. Probably going to replace the shelves with some plywood or make some supports for them....we shall see. Did I mention my daughter brought them and we put them together and had a blast! Great Father's Day.

IMG_6215.JPG

IMG_6217.JPG

IMG_6225.JPG

...Also, yesterday my daughter brought some shelves and we put them together...
Yep, the weak link in those shelves is the flimsy particle board shelves themselves. As long as it doesn't get too humid, and you only store styrofoam stuff on it, they'll be ok...

Big wheel keep on turning
Proud Mary keep on burning
And we're rolling, rolling
Rolling on the river

I needed some casters for a tool box. Ay Tractor Supply the good ones were like 15-20 bucks each. T saw some 4 wheel moving dolly's for about 20 bucks that had the exact casters. Took it home pulled the wheels and trashed the rest. Worked perfect and a lot less expensive.

Back