• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

What Goggles do you like

Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Last Name
Crabtree
Hey since I have been not riding for a few years, and I know when I pull my gear out the foam is going to fall off my goggles, I would like some recommendations. I used to like Scott 87's OTG or Oakley ????. Not sure what Oakley model but the 87's because of the large over the glasses style fogged less in early morning or cold rides. I don't wear glasses but the extra room made fogging less of an issue. Lets discuss goggles and hope it doesn't turn into an "oil thread".

Sam

100% are generally my favorites, but I have a pair of Havoc goggles that I really like, they also have a model with a magnetic lens that looks like a good idea

Have had a couple different brands but always end up with Scotts, the cheapest model. They fit my face well and cause no issues. Others I have tried pinch my nose, have poor foam or something else that bother me.

"a magnetic lens" hmm, not sure why, maybe I should where those in the shop, keep the metal filings out of my eyes. :ponder: For quick lens changing??? Tear offs?

Yeah, always tend to go back to the Scott's just because I'm really not trying to make a fashion statement, and they always get the job done. Good to know they still make quality goggles. I always liked the old 6 days glasses when setting up trail. Miss those, but I don't set up that much trail anymore. I looked on a couple of sites and didn't see the OTG style anymore, maybe I should not be looking in the clearance section. Or just use a No Fog cloth. I need to go out there and clean out the bag and see what all needs to be replaced. I also have to make up a dirt riding tool box. When I was going to sell the bike I cleaned out the Homer (home depot) tool box I had all the KTM tools in and tossed the box. Need to get all the jet/carb stuff, tire tools and some metric tools in a box that is easy to grab and go. A dirt bike bug out box. :thumb:

Sam

I always had a hard time finding goggles that didn't pinch my schnoz closed. Not like it's big or anything but everything from 10-200 bucks pinched it closed. Always had to take an Xacto to it and add new foam to be comfortable and breathe properly. Riding with the mouth wide open in the woods is just asking for a spider for lunch.

Thinking about ordering the 100%, Scotts and the Oakley's. I searched a couple of sites and found large selections in the close outs! Time to order is now.

I had 5 pair of goggles in the bag, both the Oakley's and the Scotts that were the triple foam were toast.

I went up and picked up 5 gallons of VP right after everyone on the 200's sale page said don't sell it, let's ride. But It has sat there for 3 weeks unopened. I promise not to crash within 6 feet of anyone if they will go riding. :flip:

Sam

I always had a hard time finding goggles that didn't pinch my schnoz closed. Not like it's big or anything but everything from 10-200 bucks pinched it closed. Always had to take an Xacto to it and add new foam to be comfortable and breathe properly. Riding with the mouth wide open in the woods is just asking for a spider for lunch.
Protein is a good thing especially as you get older! ;-)

Scott still makes the OTG; they are now called Split OTG. I always wore the 87 and later 88. I went looking for them about a year ago and found they changed the name. Had to search around to find them; most places were out of stock. Still awesome goggles.

Eksbrand.com is all I run. But I did borrow a set of scott prospects(the most expensive scott goggles) for two tests at the sandwinder enduro because I lost mine, and they were really nice. Just too expensive for me, I try to keep 3-4 pairs of goggles and it's not practical to do that with $100 a pair goggles

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Eksbrand.com is all I run. But I did borrow a set of scott prospects(the most expensive scott goggles) for two tests at the sandwinder enduro because I lost mine, and they were really nice. Just too expensive for me, I try to keep 3-4 pairs of goggles and it's not practical to do that with $100 a pair goggles

Yep, Eks for me as well. $35-40 a pair and seem to work about as well as anything.

Not sure how they do in really wet / cold conditions where fogging is likely, but for most riding days, they seem to do fine.

Yep, Eks for me as well. $35-40 a pair and seem to work about as well as anything.

Not sure how they do in really wet / cold conditions where fogging is likely, but for most riding days, they seem to do fine.
Had some fog at sandwinder in the rain, but we were all pulling goggles once we spread out during the tests

Back