• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

What happened here, lol

woodsguy

Ride Red
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Last Name
Vaughan

Looks like bad bearing to me too.

As I stood next to my car at a gas station in Flatonia Texas, my balance shaft gear in pieces and the water pump and alternator converted to hand crank only, a car with a small family pulls up right next to me with their rear wheel on fire on the passenger side. I waved frantically yelling "get out! get out!" Well, the very nice hispanic family that didn't speak english, paused, eyes wide, fearfully staring at the crazy arm waving gringo and wondered if they need to move on to the next exit.

But yeah...wheel bearing...that's definitely a wheel bearing..and that's my wheel bearing on fire story. I spent the next 7 hours at that gas station in Flatonia.

YIKES -

In the past couple of months I have changed out the wheel bearings on my '13 Taurus (easy-peasy) and my son's '06 Camry (SELL THE DANG THING - AIN'T WORTH THE PAIN OF THE JOB!! Ha - jk, of course).

DIdn't know the Camry's were going as I am rarely in his car. Last time I drove it I made him park it until we could get lined out on the task - visions of him doing THIS to his car were dancing in my head.

Sheesh - glad you spotted this and alerted them.

Back